project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2009-12-27, 20:29   #31
JonnyC
Default Re: [Map] Al Harithah (2km) [WIP]

Holy...
Finally i got my PC back and running the power supply died so i was MIA for a while.

I actually made some good progress but no new shots today because i still have to setup my pr_edit and max, just stopping by to say its still being worked on, i hope i can post an update tomorrow.
JonnyC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 02:55   #32
A_Grounded_Pilot

Can't wait.
A_Grounded_Pilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 02:42   #33
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Great job so far! I am impressed at how well you use statics for purposes other than they were originally intended... very creative and fresh! I don't think we've ever had an industrial area quite this extensive before. We're all going to need hardhats and safety training just to join the map. LOL

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 19:53   #34
JonnyC

Thanks^^

Sorry guys setting my system up took a bit longer than i thought since i changed to win7x64 i had to get my hands on a lot of 64bit installers , took my a while to figure out how to get max working... never knew that they made service packs for it, anyways once im finished texturing this batch of statics i will make an update.

Right now Im working on some blastwalls. I saw em all over in the ref pics of warzones and was wondering why they are missing.
The shot is a bit older the final walls will have transport-hooks on them like so:

ref: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...stwall.480.jpg

WIP: http://home.pages.at/jonnyc/pr/tsr.jpg
Last edited by JonnyC; 2010-01-04 at 13:00..
Old 2010-01-12, 20:14   #35
JonnyC

I must have angered the gods... now i have a problem with the exporter for max.

When i hit export i get an error and the export fails.

MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception -- Unknown property: "saveMaterial" in undefined

I tryed googling it but all i found was something about being related to the crysis plugins but this is a clean install i dont have anything but max9sp2 and the poe tools.
Old 2010-01-12, 21:01   #36
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

have a look @ bfeditor.org mschoeldgen is a pro @ max

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:44   #37
JonnyC

I got max fixed but since i was just modling the whole time i didn't notice that my bf2 editor is messed up too, i guess the streak isn't over yet...
My selection box is gone which isn't that bad but when your trying to copy buildings that are made up from the afghanwalls its pretty much unbearable.
The other problem is the movement is skipping which makes it impossible to move more than 1 static around at a time..
Edit: i just saw opening a file in photoshop can fix the skipping but it makes me wonder how to fix it for good since it seems to be a minor glitch.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:29   #38
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

did you try to reinstall your bf2editor ?
sometimes it like a wonder and he will work correctly but if he dont do so maybe you need to reinstall your bf2

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:10   #39
JonnyC

Reinstalling bf2 would be my last resort cause it takes ages.
From what i could find it could to be related to the mouse trails but so far i didn't have time to test it.
I'm going to mess around with it Thursday when i have a day off, I kinda want to replace some compounds before making new shots.
Old 2010-01-27, 14:43   #40
Jonny

Perhaps deleting the shader cache would help? You would need to load one PR map (in-game) to recreate it.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, harithah, map, wip