project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-28, 15:19   #41
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Grozny (2km) [WIP]

Alright, I guess everything is always changeable, now i got another problem, I got 2 computers and i want to work on the map on the other computer, can i simply share the map folder with my other computer and drag it over to the correct place ( mods\pr_edit\levels) ?
Or do i need to pack the map everytime i want to get it from one computer to another?
Old 2013-01-28, 15:28   #42
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

My brb's vary from 10 seconds to 30 minutes

A respectable brb should be max 5 minutes imo, otherwise you should apologize if you aren't a douche...

Old 2013-01-28, 16:11   #43
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

lol poison, wrong thread

copy the entire map folder and paste it in your pr_edit folder of your second computer and you are set

Old 2013-01-28, 16:26   #44
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_MineralWouter View Post
lol poison, wrong thread

copy the entire map folder and paste it in your pr_edit folder of your second computer and you are set
Alright, can i also test the map this way ? becasue once i made a map on comp#1 and copied it to comp#2 I couldn't test it(in-game) on the new computer because i didn't pack it i think ?
Old 2013-01-28, 19:39   #45
Steeps
Supporting Member

Get the program called "Drop Box" on both computers and just work from there. The advantage to Drop Box is that you can restore previous versions of files.

It literally works as a normal folder, just online.

http://www.dropbox.com

Old 2013-01-28, 20:35   #46
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Another question, what is the max value i can have on ColorTiling? I noticed my fields looking much better from a distance when setting it to 1000, but i don't know if it makes it lag more aswell? I think i read in some tut that max is 16?
Old 2013-01-28, 20:58   #47
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeps5 View Post
Get the program called "Drop Box" on both computers and just work from there. The advantage to Drop Box is that you can restore previous versions of files.

It literally works as a normal folder, just online.

http://www.dropbox.com
Nice thanks m8!
Old 2013-01-29, 12:36   #48
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

I noticed my questions are piling up, so i will try to write a list of question.

1. I took a picture of grozny and the surrounding area, the area is 22x22 km with grozny in the center of the map. So the map will have the city in the middle and fields and smaller villages around it. Since I will try to fit the 22 km lenght in a 2 km map i used this 22/2=11 which means i will have to divide every real life lenght with 11, knowing this i found out that about 1/4 - 1-3 of the map will be city/village areas, and since there are almost no russian/East European non-enterable houses it will almost be 1/4-1/3 of the map with enterable houses, so my question is, is it too much?

2. Is it possible to make dirtroad intersections? I tried using Daqing_Dirtroad which looks pretty realistic for grozny but i cant find any intersection for this particular road. If its not possible i can just paint the intersections with some darker color since it mud anyway it wont matter that much.

3. Later in the mapmaking process will i be able to set the sky to something more dark and cloudy?

4. what is the max value i can have on ColorTiling? I noticed my fields looking much better from a distance when setting it to 1000, but i don't know if it makes it lag more aswell? I think i read in some tut that max is 16? Or that i can tile something 16 times?

5. Also, it would be great if someone could explain how the "set low detail" and "generate" works when doing the terrain, sometimes it changes to the better after pressing these 2 and sometimes nothing happens at all. How do they work exactly?
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2013-01-29 at 15:17..
Old 2013-01-29, 15:49   #49
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

1. I would say it might get too much, especially if you use those huge apartment buildings

3. For sure, you can easily make one or get someone to make one (I can if you want when your ready)

5. Set your detail and your color and paint where ever you want it, set low detail type to 1 (or 2 if you want rock) and plane map to 1 then go to the bottom right and hit set low detail and click generate. This allows you to see the detail in game, if you dont generate it, you will get this

Old 2013-01-29, 15:50   #50
Spyker2041

With regards to question 2, there are no intersection statics for dirt roads. Just set, as shown in the picture below, the main road to have a priority higher than that of the road that is branching off.

Take a look at my custom PRSP Maps --> Click Here
Take a look at my gameplay vids --> Click Here
Closed Thread

Tags
2km, assault, grozny, map, released, wip