Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-19, 12:21   #41
takeittwice
Default Re: Project Reality v0.957b Hotfix released to server admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBoZ View Post
I am happy with a bit longer rounds the tickets will bring but I hope not too long
Same for me. Thanks, DEVS
Old 2010-10-19, 12:27   #42
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

An instant fix, as expected. There was no need to panic, everyone.

I thank you alot for this instant response to the problems we had, Devs!

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-10-19, 12:55   #43
WhatMan
Banned

EXCELLENT WORK DEVS
Old 2010-10-19, 13:12   #44
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Nice about the ctd fix, but wasn't the whole point of ticket loss when wounded to have people be more careful?
Its really a win-win situation.

THey will lenghten the rounds to previous state, BUT, if both teams rush endlesly, it should end normally in 2 hours or less with teams being really close in tix, on the other side, with one team being dominant and not dying, they will gain substantial advantage over other team. Round should still end in 2 hour timeframe.

4h rounds would only appear if both team played extra, but i mean extra carefully as in very low casualities on both sides and supressing fire only, wich is sadly not possible in pr because everybody has balls the size of Gary.
Old 2010-10-19, 13:49   #45
Furst

good to see a hotfix! im very glad about that. i did not have the chance to test it yet, but i hope it will deal with and improve the most important issues (Ticket amount and CTDs).

offtopic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
With servers neglecting to switch map rotations per evening you play the same set of maps for the entire week until they switch it around because the rounds all last so long.

I also think its very shortsighted to call pr a good tactical shooter just because the rounds last 3 hours. If thats a comparison I'd just increase the score limit on my COD game so it will last 3 hours and BOOM! Tactical shooter! You can hace awesome tactical games that last only 1 hour.
- map wishes are welcome on many servers, unless there are ignorant administrators not listening or asking the people.

- its not only about rounds being long, its about rounds being long enough. having the possiblity to use and explore the maps potential and opportunities to create great rounds with a hell of tactics, strategies and teamwork. short rounds mean for many many people that this is restricted and they cant expect to play the game as intended since years. 4 hours is only the maximum, the usual round lasts between 1 and 2 hours, we all know that.

why having 4x4km maps without ever using the whole scope? why being able to build 6 FOBs to strenghten the teams ability for coordination, moving and reinforcements? why having Artillery or JDAMs when you almost never get into a situation, that you can use it, because it may be available? only examples, there are a lot more ones. but i guess this aint the time and place for stuff like such as, also since everyone has its own expectations.
Old 2010-10-19, 14:09   #46
kalboune1

good to hear
thank you very much you guys are the best
and take as much time you can
thanks again
Old 2010-10-19, 14:12   #47
cyberzomby

Furst, you know as well as I do that those things rarely happen. Plus, thanks to flag placement and no go zones you rarely need the entire map. Theres hotzones where you always end up fighting I can see what your saying and I somewhat agree with it. But those examples are stuff that happens in TG and tournament or organised games.
Old 2010-10-19, 14:29   #48
Furst

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
But those examples are stuff that happens in TG and tournament or organised games.
dont get me wrong please, im not writing to annoy you or sth.

those things dont happen rarely for me. it happens like almost every round on the servers that i play on. in addition people often have to realize that they can use it, they seem to forget it pretty frequently!

join some fights on Coffeeshop or GIS+ Combat Zone (after the celebration time of 0.957, because actually id say its hard to find sorted rounds, since most people will check new things and test new features for at least one more week increasingly). ill prove you that its possible on those too !

edit: id say we stop this little discussion within this thread, since its not intended for stuff like we talk about right now (fear the red letters!)
Last edited by Furst; 2010-10-19 at 14:31.. Reason: addition
Old 2010-10-19, 14:59   #49
cyberzomby

Sorry if I came over harsh That was not my intention. I was just having fun in the discussion. Your right we should stop. And I should check out those servers ^-^
Old 2010-10-19, 15:07   #50
HairyFence

Any news of a fix for the server side lag/rubberbaning and player "connection lost" warnings that come up every few seconds that has become prevalent in this release that was not around in last release?
Closed Thread

Tags
admins, hotfix, project, reality, released, server