project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2014-06-05, 10:46   #41
Inspektura43
Banned
Default Re: Gunships cannons very OP

I will see what I can do when I get hands back on my PC, its broken ATM.
Inspektura43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 11:04   #42
Kerryburgerking

Or you could just rely on ground based AA...
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 11:21   #43
Inspektura43
Banned

Your ground based AA is more likely to teamkill my chopper rather than do something useful
Old 2014-06-05, 12:52   #44
[F|H]Zackyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronck View Post

Then I think you should start watching stuff such as Dogfights on the History Channel. In airwarfare height often depends the battle, sometimes by flying very low, sometimes by flying high.

Dogfights from history Channel is not the best way to lean about Past and modern dogfight , because the 3D animation are horrible , but still there is some very interesting pilot interviews.

This is the infamous P51 UFO 360 No scope against a me-109

If you want to know and learn about the Best Boom n Zoom pilot of all time read this book
The Blond Knight of Germany: A biography of Erich Hartmann

one of the most amazing book ever !

Now about chopers in real life choppers are limited by the Vne (never-exceed speed) because if they reach this limite Retreating blade stall phenomenon will occur which will make the chopper roll the left and if you don't slow down you will crash because the dissymmetry of lift.

So Boom and zoom tactics are almost impossible in choppers since the max speed they can achieve is around 350-380 km/h and sharp turn will also make the chopper stall and crash. (HACHAZO Turn to retreating blade side close of ground... - YouTube).

But IG we are limited by the engine limitation . IMO Inspek is right choppers dogfights should not be based on randomness but on the crew skill. And diving at 600-700 km/h on a chopper below you is completely un-realistic and game breaking for me.

After my final exams i will try to learn how to tweak the choppers files.
Last edited by [F|H]Zackyx; 2014-06-05 at 12:58..
Old 2014-06-05, 13:07   #45
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
I will see what I can do when I get hands back on my PC, its broken ATM.
Nice, if you need help just ask for it
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 13:14   #46
Pronck
Supporting Member

Height has nothing to do with randomness. Height has to do with the capabilities of the CAS crew . Crew skill doesn't necessarily have to be a good shot or a good flyer, it can also be your tactical capabilities.

However I have the feeling you want to take away the influence of tactics by balancing things out in what seems your favor.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 13:59   #47
[F|H]Zackyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronck View Post
Height has nothing to do with randomness. Height has to do with the capabilities of the CAS crew . Crew skill doesn't necessarily have to be a good shot or a good flyer, it can also be your tactical capabilities.

However I have the feeling you want to take away the influence of tactics by balancing things out in what seems your favor.
I don't want to sound cocky or arrogant but im sure that you are aware that me in inspek we are doing extremely good with the current flight models of CAS choppers . If i wanted to keep things in my favor i will not be here trying to make it better and more fair for others players. Even if we don't like it we are pretty good at doing CAS in 1.0 , some realy good cas crew from 0.98 suck at CAS right now and few people master the 1.00 flying style.
[F|H]Zackyx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 12:27   #48
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Btw. Zackyx, approx. how much faster is Havoc flying when upside-down (as shown several times in your awesomesauce-gameplay videos) ? Curious... (Maybe DEVs can fix this UN-realistic-UN-PR-like flight-physic-glitch OR the server admins should prohibit it in a rule on specific server if they want to...)
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 13:23   #49
Inspektura43
Banned

It's not really down to balance things out only in our favour but for everybody.
It is really unfair to see a good heli crew attacking ground targets and in the middle of their run they get attacked and there is almost nothing you can do to avoid dying.

and omg zacky stop you cock is huge enough already :d
Old 2014-06-07, 18:02   #50
X-Alt

The gunship cannons are OP on the air2air front, a better pilot should be the determining factor, not the person who spams W the most. A high 3 second deviation settle would be good.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cannons, gunships