project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-11-01, 15:07   #1
Inspektura43
Banned
Default Gunships cannons very OP

Helicopter cannons are INCREDIBLY overpowered against other gunships and it shouldnt be like this they are over powered ingame, maybe they are like this IRL but in game they are PAIN in the ASS.
Bad move devs.

Edit: Now since this thread has been moved to the Bugs forum, I assume devs will take care of this bug and we will get a fix in the next version .
Last edited by Inspektura43; 2013-11-01 at 16:51..
Old 2013-11-01, 15:40   #2
Spook
Supporting Member

Default Re: Gunships cannons very OP

So you are saying that chopper cannons are OP against chopper cannons. Makes sense really. Got to love those rage posts without any content hating on something you legitimitly got owned by a minute ago ingame.

btt: chopper 30mm cannon are UP imo. Need to get a boost since hellfires are almost useless against inf now.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 15:48   #3
Kerryburgerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
Helicopter cannons are INCREDIBLY overpowered against other gunships and it shouldnt be like this they are over powered ingame, maybe they are like this IRL but in game they are PAIN in the ASS.
Bad move devs.
I'm pretty sure the canopy or engine of a helicopter responds very well to a 30mm HE projectile rushing towards at a very high speed.
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 15:53   #4
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

More deviation(so they won't be OP against other helis) and splash radius/damage(so it will be more effective against inf) plz.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 15:58   #5
Spook
Supporting Member

Ah now i get what he wants to say. that 30mm kills attack choppers too easy. Well since there are no sidewinder anymore you will need something to kill an enemy chopper instead of spamming hellfires until you are out of ammo or hit it. Irl 30mm would kill a chopper within seconds. and ingame it still needs several shots, a good gunner and a newb enemy pilot to kill him with 30mm in a couple of seconds. Otherwise there will be a spectacular gunfight midair for quite a while which is better than the sidewinder insta kills. chopper with better skills actually wins.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 16:27   #6
rodrigoma

Why would someone take you seriously when you cant even care or manage to post this properly in the correct way and forums?
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 16:33   #7
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I agree choppers seem to die very quickly from 30mm but I don't think there is something wrong with that, seems realistic.

I think what's wrong or imo not so good is to have maps where both team gets AHs. Would nations send choppers to counter choppers ? I mean if lets say the US knows that in area X the russians got choppers, would US really send in their choppers to that area ? I think teams could be balanced in other ways than give them almost identical type of vehicle setup.
I think to give both teams jets and tanks etc is fine and realistic, but to give both teams AHs is not a good idea in my opinion.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 16:37   #8
Steeps
Supporting Member

Honestly, think about real-life damage of 30mm rounds against helicopters. Helicopters have zero to very little armor (maybe except for the Hind). One 30mm round should practically destroy most systems in a helicopter. They are not designed to take such huge shells fired at them.

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 16:41   #9
Inspektura43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Ah now i get what he wants to say. that 30mm kills attack choppers too easy. Well since there are no sidewinder anymore you will need something to kill an enemy chopper instead of spamming hellfires until you are out of ammo or hit it. Irl 30mm would kill a chopper within seconds. and ingame it still needs several shots, a good gunner and a newb enemy pilot to kill him with 30mm in a couple of seconds. Otherwise there will be a spectacular gunfight midair for quite a while which is better than the sidewinder insta kills. chopper with better skills actually wins.
Greaat I see alot of skill is needed now ...
As I said might be different in real life, but like everyone says PR is not a combat simulator thus not everything is supposed to be exactly the same as in real life, the word we would use REALISTIC.
It was quite good in 0.98, only thing needed was to remove AA missiles, not make cannons overpowered. I guess devs thought some people own too much in game and to even the game they made cannons Overpowered.
Also, im glad you like rage posts, theres a reason for these posts obviously.Also the spectacular "gunfight" in midair lasts just about 5 seconds.Whoevers got better ping gunner wins the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeps View Post
Honestly, think about real-life damage of 30mm rounds against helicopters. Helicopters have zero to very little armor (maybe except for the Hind). One 30mm round should practically destroy most systems in a helicopter. They are not designed to take such huge shells fired at them.
Yea same thing I said above.If pr was realistic you wont have the current medic system where 1 tank kills 7 guys the 8th guy grabs HAT kills the tank and revives the whole squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]rodrigoma View Post
Why would someone take you seriously when you cant even care or manage to post this properly in the correct way and forums?
I could have posted this thread in BF2 Vehicles Feedback forum, but none of the [R-DEV]s would waste their time there looking for peoples opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
More deviation(so they won't be OP against other helis) and splash radius/damage(so it will be more effective against inf) plz.
Great idea. +1
Last edited by Inspektura43; 2013-11-01 at 16:53..
Old 2013-11-01, 17:10   #10
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
... which is better than the sidewinder insta kills. chopper with better skills actually wins.
There are no "sidewinder insta kills" as long as the pilot pops his flares as soon as he gets the lock sound.
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cannons, gunships