project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-07-16, 15:10   #51
ExOps_Mercenary
Banned

really it's your fault for not shooting the guy before he kills you. also a real soldier i beleave is trained to get his sights on the target as fast as he or she can but still be able to hit the person.

also how the weapons are inaccurate when moving well still using the sights is messed up standing still or moving for me in the real world i shoot almost the same but then again i use a bullpup rifle you practice with.
ExOps_Mercenary is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 17:09   #52
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOps_Mercenary
really it's your fault for not shooting the guy before he kills you. also a real soldier i beleave is trained to get his sights on the target as fast as he or she can but still be able to hit the person.
You totally missed the point. No matter how well you've trained, the guy holding still should have an advantage over the guy who was just moving.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 17:31   #53
{GD}Ghost

Ok, this isn't the Special Olympics. Why would you want to lower the standards of this amazing mod simply to accomodate the "less skilled".

Project Reality has a pretty steep learning curve, but if played with a realistic mind set (as intended), you will eventually become accustomed to not only relying on your team to cover you, but you will learn that fire-fights acctually happen much differently than most games or movies portray. If you're out there trying to do the Rambo or Terminator thing, yeah, you're going to die pretty quickly.

Hint: John Rambo would never have lasted past his 1st fire-fight IRL.

Remember, this is Project Reality. Everything is geared toward trying to portray things as accurately and realistically as possible within the limits of the game engine.

Fire-fights are not drawn out because weapons are inaccurate. Firefights are drawn out usually when both sides are either employing good cover/movement tactics or neither side knows how to use their weapons. We do not need to simulate the player not knowing how to use their weapons well, because this is already included in the natural learning curve. Once you know how to use your PR weapons, you should be able to get good kills on people who expose themselves to your fire. Period.

So, to simplify. I am opposed to the Special Olympics thought process. BF2 already has this, which is why I am not playing it.
{GD}Ghost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 17:36   #54
{GD}Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodude23
You totally missed the point. No matter how well you've trained, the guy holding still should have an advantage over the guy who was just moving.
Well there are some factors that game design just cannot control, like player error, lag....etc...etc. ....if the guy "holding" can't aim worth a damn, then the guy who is better versed in the use of his weapon will always win the fire-fight. Believe it or not, kneeling, going prone or laying in wait (ambush) does not automatically give you a magical advantage unless your rounds hit your target before the targets rounds hit you.
Old 2007-07-16, 17:44   #55
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by {GD}Ghost
Well there are some factors that game design just cannot control, like player error, lag....etc...etc. ....if the guy "holding" can't aim worth a damn, then the guy who is better versed in the use of his weapon will always win the fire-fight. Believe it or not, kneeling, going prone or laying in wait (ambush) does not automatically give you a magical advantage unless your rounds hit your target before the targets rounds hit you.
You miss the point too. I have been on both ends of this. I am not talknig about how fast you shoot or whatever, its how accurate you are just after running a mile. I would also suggest not using an elitist attitude as in your last post, especially when you don't know who you are talking to. Especially coming from someone with 268-646.

The only rambo in these situations there have been while playing is the guy who runs around the hill 200m away by himself. Therefore because of the lack of deviation after movement, he is just as accurate as the guy in the bunker. Overall, the one more patient - the one lying in weight - the one who has set up an ambush; should always have an advantage. Without this bit of deviation added it takes alot of that away.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 18:05   #56
{GD}Ghost

I always love how usually the one accusing someone of having an elitest attitude is usually the one with the elitist attitude. This is a game. There is nothing to feel "elite" about. I beleive I did also mention that there are other factors involved in the above listed example of yours that cannot be controlled and we're not just talking about your personal connection speed. I also believe it was explained that some of the effects that your referring to cannot be simulated with the current engine.

I am not disagreeing with you, but this is not something they can currently do anything about. However, making everything less accurate is not the solution to the problem.
Old 2007-07-16, 18:12   #57
Alex6714

It doesn´t bother me much at all, but if it is that much of an issue, would it be possible to make a slightly longer delay bringing up the ironsights/scope? A bit like the machine guns, but not as much? It is something I have noticed in the insurgency mod videos (not really interested in the mod, just caught my eye).

Again, I couldn´t care less. To be honest I think it is alright how it is. It sometimes annoys me that they get me first in those situations, but I put that down to me being a crap shot sometimes and my ping.
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 18:20   #58
Harrelson

This mod is being influenced by people who likes instant killing. THIS IS NOT REALITY.

My honest opinion of 0.6, infantry maps are not fun at all. Maybe Basra is an exception when playing as insurgent because you play like a twat without any plan and just try to have fun

Remove the scopes and tweak accuracy is my suggestion.

Look at videos of grunts in Iraq fighting. They DONT wait to see someone so they can shoot, they use supressing fire and lots of it. Thats why is seems like they are shooting at nothing.

Unfortunately, this mod emphasizes the opposite, wait till you see someone and put your crosshairs on his head, squeeze and hes dead. This happens to you and to them, vice versa the whole round. Kills and deaths are in the hundreds on each side. Oh no!

In vietnam, 500,000 bullets was what a grunt used to kill 1 enemy soldier. In modern day iraq, its around 40,000 bullets used per enemy dead. In PR, 2 bullets is whats needed per enemy dead.

Its too easy to kill in this game. Im not saying nerf the weapons or accuracy but make it less easy to identify and shoot people. Zoom in with you g3 scope and you can tell if its an enemy without even looking at the map.

Lastly, headshots never happen in real battles.
Headshots only occur when snipers shoot someone, but general firefights, Never.

p.s anyone remember .4 in falluja when enemies were in the opposing ridge (at the gates) and we would trade heavy gunfire for several minutes till one side got overwhelmed? that is my best memory of PR
Last edited by Harrelson; 2007-07-16 at 18:25..
Old 2007-07-16, 18:31   #59
Rico11b

Quote:
Ok, this isn't the Special Olympics. Why would you want to lower the standards of this amazing mod simply to accomodate the "less skilled".

Project Reality has a pretty steep learning curve, but if played with a realistic mind set (as intended), you will eventually become accustomed to not only relying on your team to cover you, but you will learn that fire-fights acctually happen much differently than most games or movies portray. If you're out there trying to do the Rambo or Terminator thing, yeah, you're going to die pretty quickly.

Hint: John Rambo would never have lasted past his 1st fire-fight IRL.

Remember, this is Project Reality. Everything is geared toward trying to portray things as accurately and realistically as possible within the limits of the game engine.

Fire-fights are not drawn out because weapons are inaccurate. Firefights are drawn out usually when both sides are either employing good cover/movement tactics or neither side knows how to use their weapons. We do not need to simulate the player not knowing how to use their weapons well, because this is already included in the natural learning curve. Once you know how to use your PR weapons, you should be able to get good kills on people who expose themselves to your fire. Period.

So, to simplify. I am opposed to the Special Olympics thought process. BF2 already has this, which is why I am not playing it.
Ah, did your mother have ANY children that lived? Where the hell is the "Skill" in pointing and clicking a mouse. No one has said anything about another game or a movie for that matter.

And for the record, RAMBO would have been owned during his first firefight, probably in the first 10 seconds of the fire fight, no matter how long it lasted. Soldiers can't always afford to take the time to aim properly during a fight, cause they don't wanna be exposed for that long. That's just one reason why fire fights could seem to drag on and on. It's called "SPRAY AND PRAY". Unless you have been in a "real life" fire fight, please stop speculating on the process.
Last edited by Rico11b; 2007-07-16 at 18:42..
Old 2007-07-16, 18:42   #60
Rico11b

Quote:
Again, what are you smoking? "Better versed in the use of his weapon", are you serious with this statement. It's a dam game using a point and click, there is no skill or knowledge of the use of a weapon!

Crouching and going prone have more to do with protection than with aiming accuracy, by means of presenting the smallest target possible thereby making yourself harder to hit. Increased accuracy from a particular stance or position is a byproduct. Going prone is more about protection from fire than it is about improving accuracy. Given enough time to aim I can hit someone from any stance or body position, but going prone provides me with more cover and concealment whilst I take that time to aim and squeeze off a shot.
Rico11b is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, lower