project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-08-22, 15:24   #61
Cassius
Supporting Member

Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
Nice suggestion. I guess you better start working on it now then, Cassius!
I already compiled a lot of material. Its just a matter of what to throw out because its too much or too complicated at this point. Of course a draft needs to be put up for discussion so at least a number of veteran players agree on what is fit for public release. What I really need is somebody to put it all in a nice PDF Format similiar to the manual.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 16:56   #62
Oskar
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I already compiled a lot of material. Its just a matter of what to throw out because its too much or too complicated at this point. Of course a draft needs to be put up for discussion so at least a number of veteran players agree on what is fit for public release. What I really need is somebody to put it all in a nice PDF Format similiar to the manual.
Cool. If it's any help, feel free to steal anything you like from here:
PRTA Guide to Squad Leading

I just use Open Office to export to PDF, but if you want fancy backgrounds and stuff it might be better to use a different program.
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 20:06   #63
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cassius, check your PM.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 21:10   #64
WaveyD1974

Hey i used to play PR a lot a long time ago...cannot remember the version back then. I had lots of fun...everybody seemed to be having fun

I had some time on my hands recently so i downloaded it again and got going...not too much changed so it didn't take long.

I got kicked today for being a quote 'terrible pilot'....let me just recap my recent PR...

I started out in an Osprey but had no idea how to fly it...rough idea with PR VTOL so i got there in the end...full squad delivered safely...messed up the crate drop because of button mix up but there you go. I crashed that off the carrier unfortunately trying to manouver a little bit on deck.

Next i take a Huey...supply crates delivered as ordered by my squad leader on several occassions and then i gave a lift to a friendly chap who needed to return to his squad. Some AA had now entered the area and i got tagged....still delevered the guy safely and then tried to make it back to carrier but was just short it blew up mid air.

Next i try the Osprey again....as i vertically landed on a road between trees i tagged the edge of the road...a bump was there and it tipped me into the trees..boing...death 3...hey my fault but you live and learn.

Next a Huey again....tried to deliver supplies to a squad that was in a town well ahead of everyone...i flew slow and low down a road imbetween trees but at one point i got locked on by AA and i sppun round and got out of there. A large number of my team where then recapping a flag we had lost....so i dropped the supplies there but a different AA got me. I was getting the Huey back to the carrier but when i saw there was 2 spare hueys i ditched. I didn't know about it costing tickets.

Anyway then sat on carrier i get a really serious guy moaning on and on about me having 4 deaths and therefore being a terrible pilot and an asset waster....he said i was flying around the battle field for fun...nope i was trying to deliver supplies...but NO in his opinion i was just flying about trying to get shot at. So i got kicked.

It is a game isn't it ? It used to be...but the more servers i go on this PR stint...the more i get people taking the whole thing far too seriously and being far too elitist.

This is certainly not everyone...i have joined some squads and had a right laugh. Mumble was new to me this time and one guy happily explained the whole thing to me instead of just kicking me from the squad, nice guy. I've had some good games and some fun but it seems since the last time i played PR that the game is now getting overly populated by people who take the whole thing far too seriously...they are great....so anybody not doing as they say is an idiot and must be kicked.

Is it any wonder the server list looks so empty compared to how i remember....I wish people would just chill out and not imagine that every round is a round for their real lives. I mean this guy just had his opinion...he based that opinion on watching where i flew on the map on one flight and my number of deaths...oh and that i crashed the osprey...mistake are not tolerated obviously....hey that must be like reality too...i was trying hard but maybe i fall below his standards but if you get rid of everybody on those standards then you get what i think this thread is trying to avoid.....

That guy makes me think i don't want to bother playing PR anymore....there's not much choice when it comes to populated severs...i wonder why
WaveyD1974 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 10:54   #65
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Wavey I was in your team that round. (MeRk, Pavlovsk Bay)

We were hopping into your osprey right after the round started. You took off without us saying that everyone was ready (in fact, there were 3 squad members missing). You immediately went down towards the water which made our GPMG gunner bail out in order to save the kit, but you managed to stay alive which surprised everyone.

Being over the LZ, you were trying to get the osprey down which took you a very long time. Everyone knew you were new to piloting by that time, but since you brought us down safely, we did not report you for rule violation.

Quote:
I started out in an Osprey but had no idea how to fly it.
Quote:
crashed that off the carrier unfortunately trying to manouver a little bit on deck.
When it comes to flying in PR, learn it first, then try again ingame.
Crashing a chopper just because of not knowing how to fly it makes a good round a bad round. Nobody will kick you for a mistake, but the server rules clearly state the following:

Rule 4 DO NOT FLY UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE.

This being said, I think the kick was legit, even though judging you by just looking at your deaths is wrong.

Everyone is welcoming to new players, but if you want to have a good round of PR, players must agree to certain standards when it comes to asset usage. Start as infantryman, train air assets in local first and use APCs with an experienced player to get some experience on how to do stuff and you won't have any problems.

By the way: transport helicopters are worth 5 tickets (+2 if the pilot dies aswell) (+x with passengers).

I hope you understand this and keep playing PR

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:28   #66
TG0211

I'm glad you have a subject like that, because I haven't started to play PR yet, I'm already expecting to be very painful to veterans, and I already apologize for this...

The person who told me about PR spoke also about training servers to practice flying. Such a thing exists ? It'd be awesome !
TG0211 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 06:34   #67
lowlanda3000

Didn't see this thread before posting a new topic. Thank you for acknowledging this point
lowlanda3000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 16:44   #68
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Doing my part and keeping all the PR threads on the BF2 Steam forum on top lol

Battlefield 2 General Discussions :: Steam Community

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 01:20   #69
Dogfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfool84 View Post
With the new Release many noobs will take a look into the forums and ask the same questions over and over again i think. There is only a General Discussion Forum, i think what we could use is a Beginner Forum for new players with not so many Stickies. In an extra forum its easier to see if a question has been asked before and noobs dont post in different forums. In the "old" forums there are so many stickies, mixed up threads from new poeple that want to say hello and veterans who discuss this or that.
What he said. PR is hard...learning it doesn't necessarily have to be. Baby steps.
Dogfart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 16:53   #70
Harbard
Supporting Member

Sadly, in every server I've been on, there's always a couple of guys making fun of someone and it's making me quit playing the game.

And guys PLEASE, i don't wanna hear about you smoking your stupid drugs, i don't support that bullshit and i never will, and i REALLY don't wanna hear about it while i am playing... It's nothing kids should listen to " oh man this weed is good! ", whoever says that should get perm ban.

Angry Harbard - Show some damn respect!

In Odin I trust, in freedom I live, I'll fight till my blood is spilled!
Harbard is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, kind, mentors, players, server, veteran