project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2011-07-19, 19:07   #1
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Default [0966] objects disappear in UAV

Description:
i was in the UAV in Muttrah City on the MEC side and the UAV was deployed just north center of map and i was observing enemy fire base and armor and the fire base and the tow and the wire and bunkers would all disappear and reappear and i couldnt figure out if it was something i was doing or not. i would just look around and they would be there...i go to bring the map up to mark it on the map and after that they would disappear...even the persons there.

Steps to reproduce:
be mec, become commander, get in the UAV, and see if it happens.

Screen shots:
i didnt think to get any, sorry

Tested on:
the HOG 24/7 Muttrah

video settings:
resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60
terrain: high
effects: high
geometry: high
texture: high
lighting: high
dynamic shadows: low
dynamic light: high
anti-aliasing: off
texture filtering: high
view distance: max

on a side-note, shadows go through floors on some multi-level story buildings with my current video settings, should i make a list of buildings for u guys or just mess with my video settings to fix because it bugs me.

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 19:39   #2
TheComedian
Default Re: [.966] objects disappear in UAV

This was even before 96. We had this problem when the UAV was first released back in 0.95. I heard that its hardcoded.
TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 02:16   #3
Bufl4x
Default Re: [0966] objects disappear in UAV

I had the same on iron eagle as MEC commander. All kinds of vehicles and infantry kept disappearing from UAV view. I didn't even had to open my map.
Bufl4x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 02:46   #4
ytman

The main reason I've heard of this occuring is the way the game renders things. Sometimes roads will render above everything else.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 03:18   #5
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytman View Post
The main reason I've heard of this occuring is the way the game renders things. Sometimes roads will render above everything else.
I don't think it's because of roads because I had an entire built-up MEC fob [fob+all defenses and a bunch of foxholes] all disappear from my US UAV view sporadically, and it was built on one of the tops of the hillls south of the river, east of the MEC main. There were no roads around. It seemed to be related to where the UAV was in its circling pattern

Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 04:58   #6
Ford_Jam

Just going to take a stab and say that the draw distances of some statics/objects isn't large enough to render at the height the UAV flies at. No real bug here, keeps your fps nice and high when you're operating the UAV
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 15:14   #7
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Jam View Post
Just going to take a stab and say that the draw distances of some statics/objects isn't large enough to render at the height the UAV flies at. No real bug here, keeps your fps nice and high when you're operating the UAV
I don't believe this is the case because the firebase has a cull radius scale of 5.0 which means it renders all the way out to 2000m which I'm pretty sure is far more than the view distance of pretty much every map, and as far as I know much further than the UAV is from the ground.

The fob assets do not render in thermal mode either when they disappear.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 15:22   #8
Bufl4x

It doesn't look like a viewdistance problem since objects disappear from plain sight. One second it's there, the next it's gone. And they are not on the edge of the view to begin with, but sometimes right under the UAV.
Bufl4x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 20:26   #9
Myru

I was commander for 2 rounds this evening, Beirut and Silent Eagle. While being on Beirut, this bug didn't occur too often, at least it wasn't of a gamebreaking annoyance. On Silent Eagle on the other hand, Tanks, FOBs and other stuff disappeared right in front of my uav monitor. It's so annoying if you cannot keep a target lased or visually track it, because it magically disappears all of a sudden, or even worse, telling your team that an area is clear, just to have your guys running into 2 hostile tanks, which you were unable to spot, because they didn't render for some damn reason even though the area was clearly inside your field of view. If you place the uav right above the central village, the rendering distance is too short to to reach both the south and north outskirts, meaning you still see all objects like buildings, but everything controlable by players wont get rendered, which makes the uav virtually useless on this map.

Description:
- see OP

Steps to Reproduce:
- Use UAV on Silent Eagle.

Screenshots / Video:
- Don't have any atm.

Tested On:
[PR v0.973] [NEW] New Era Warfare - [NEW PRMumble]

Map:
-Silent Eagle
-AAS / std
-[PR v0.973] [NEW] New Era Warfare - [NEW PRMumble]
-v.0973

Video Settings (if needed):
-XFX Radeo HD 5870 with 1024 mbit, 1680x1050@60Hz, all Details max., No AA, max. View Distance Scale

Audio Settings (if needed):
- don't belive that's needed here.
Myru is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 22:08   #10
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I've had this problem too in 0.973. It seems to occur in visual mode or when switching between visual and IR.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
966, disappear, displaying, lasing, objects, stuff, uav