project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
06 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Old 2011-09-04, 09:56   #1
opalar
Unhappy Unable to start Project Reality: Arma 2! Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is not installed

Unable to start Project Reality: Arma 2! Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is not installed or the installation is corrupted?

ok i have arma 2 combined operations [not on steam] and the pr pre download thing sais that what is required is PR arma 2 oa with the version 1.59 wich i have both....

i got this error message and i reinstalled everything and got the same message

please help me out with this...its getting frustrating

do i need to download arma 2 AND arma 2 OA?

idk please help lol
Old 2011-09-04, 10:07   #2
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Unable to start Project Reality: Arma 2! Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is not insta

Please try this and let me know if it works:
Download armaRegFixer.exe - Deadfast.Armaholic.eu
Old 2011-09-05, 02:47   #3
opalar
Default Re: Unable to start Project Reality: Arma 2! Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is not insta

well i found out that you need arma 2 AND OA installed to be able to play pr

so im not sure if that program is what fixed it but it sure helped me find out
what i needed to play pr so thx
Old 2011-09-06, 15:31   #4
jbgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deadfast View Post
Please try this and let me know if it works:
Download armaRegFixer.exe - Deadfast.Armaholic.eu
Worked for me, thanks alot!
Old 2011-09-07, 17:05   #5
BlackArt
Default PRAA.exe wont launch Arma 2:OA to play PR:A2

My problem is that when i try to launch PRAA.exe it doesn't do anything except ask for permission to make changes to my computer and then nothing. A brief desciption of what happens is below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArt View Post
I have the game installed but after running it for the very first time... it crashed and now i am unable to launch the game. I have used Desura to install it and verified the files through that, but i am unable to start the game.

I have windows 7 x64 professional, 6 gb memory, Nvidia 550 Ti video, and a EVGA motherboard with an intel Core i7 (920) processor. i have plenty of space on all 3 of my HDS in this system.

I am able to start Arma 2 or A2:OA via the steam download or desktop shortcut but when i try to launch PRAA all that happens is i get a prompt to let it make changes to my computer (which i click yes), and then nothing happens. Ever since the very first time i installed then played the mod that crashed my system, i have been unable to even launch PRAA.exe for the mod, ever since. I am still able to launch and play Arma 2 or A2:OA with or without any mods via my shortcut without a problem. (it still crashes my system eventually but it launches and runs for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours)

Any ideas to get PR:A2 to launch?

I have tried a few things but first what i have is as follows:

1) Steam version of Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA

2) I installed PR:A2 via Desura and have tried to launch it via that (Which it did the very first time but ever since that first crash while playing it hasn't launched PR:A2

3) Attempted to launch PR via Steam combined ops option (right clicking Arma 2:OA \ LAUNCH COMINED OPS), Then having set in the set launch parameters in steam "-mod=@PR" without the quotes in the launch parameters and this will launch it with the mod KINDA loaded

Now the 3rd item in the list almost was able to solved it, but apparently you have a set code to determine when you will allow servers / players to connect to servers to use the beta and i get the "UNAUTHORIZED Server" message in red text with a black background infront of me after i have loaded into the game, even on servers that have been authorized to use the beta version.

So to recap,
1) clicking on PRAA.exe to launch PR:A2 doesn't work (nothing happens except saying that praa.exe wants to make changes to my computer and i clicked yes but nothing happens.

2) Trying to launch PR:A2 via Desura doesnt work after the very first time i installed and launched it. (Basically i get the first step but i am clicking to launch it via the Desura menu)

3) I can launch Any Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA mod via a shortcut or steam but not PR:A2

Any ideas to get the mod to launch would be appreciated,

Thanks...
Old 2011-09-07, 19:12   #6
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: PRAA.exe wont launch Arma 2:OA to play PR:A2

I take it you already read and tried this?
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f44...ead-first.html
Old 2011-09-07, 21:23   #7
BabylonCome
Supporting Member

Topics merged...

CO - Rusty In Places - www.rustyinplaces.org
Old 2011-09-08, 04:17   #8
BlackArt
Default Re: PRAA.exe wont launch Arma 2:OA to play PR:A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deadfast View Post
I take it you already read and tried this?
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f44...ead-first.html
Yes and it doesnt fix the issue
Old 2011-09-09, 17:57   #9
Puddy

Ok what is Desura and how does it work?
Old 2011-09-10, 11:12   #10
BlackArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy View Post
Ok what is Desura and how does it work?
Project Reality: ARMA 2 mod | Desura

its also on the main page of this forum just click upper left on the project reality dogtags then read the first page and its in the 2nd paragraph a link to it

Its kinda like Steam i guess you could say it can verify the install etc of the mod (right click on it to get the options) its in the menu of games once you install it

Tags
2oa, arma, arma 2, arma 2oa, arma2, arma2oa, arrowhead, error, installed, launch, operation, play, pr:a2, pra2, praaexe, project, project reality, reality, start, unable