project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion > PR:V Suggestions
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:V Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2011-10-05, 19:18   #1
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Observation aircraft Act like UAV

Basically my suggestion is very simple for PR:V incorporate an observation plane model in for a UAV model and bring back the rotating UAV action like in Vanilla BF2.

So in PR:V when the commander wants to use an observation aircraft he places the marker and up pops a Cessna or what ever sort of aircraft would be used as the observation plane. No one is flying the plane its all automated like the BF2 UAV.
except with a MUCH larger Circle radius if that's possible to be changed.

the commander watches through the below camera to act as "this footage has been recorded and brought back to intelligences HQ" while the commander is In the camera view much like the UAV system we have for the current PR the commander hears a Prop sound.

Infra red should not be used and the footage should be in all Black and white.

( The plane its self should be situated High in the sky and have a Heat signature so that ground forces can attempt to shoot it down with either AA missiles or guns. and if at all possible incorporate a Flare mechanism for the commander to deploy flares if necessary. ( and if at all possible due to Bf2 limitations)
Old 2011-10-06, 16:40   #2
Tarranauha200

Default Re: Observation aircraft Act like UAV

Or even easier:

Someone flying with huey high in the sky while passenger is spotting and reporting to commander.
Old 2011-10-07, 02:24   #3
Q2M100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
Or even easier:

Someone flying with huey high in the sky while passenger is spotting and reporting to commander.
I like this option, though it would detract from two additional infantry players...

Maybe the Cessna "UAV" would be the best option. It gives the commander an extra job to do while freeing up space for more infantry.
Old 2011-10-09, 16:58   #4
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I really think commanders job should be to command, above anything else.

Best solution IMO would be to have a cessna obsarvation plane with two seats. Pilot would have control of flares and WP rockets (marking for CAS)
Co pilot would have some optics (either something build inside the plane or simply binocs and a fairly free field of view) and he would spot enemies and communicate their position to pilot or commander or anybody.

-lucky

EDIT: drawing players from frontlines should not be a problem since 64p servers can soon be history. Furthermore this aircraft would be probably flying at those frontlines, suporting friendly infantry or being target of enemy fire.

Last edited by [R-CON]lucky.BOY; 2011-10-09 at 17:07..
Old 2011-10-09, 23:25   #5
-CAL ACO-

i think that it could just be a Cessna that is CPU run(like the BF2 UAV) with a slower spoting process that only spots a few enemies at a time but enemy locations are shown for longer. i also agree that infantry should have the ability to shoot it down similar to black ops (can't believe i'm saying that)
Old 2011-10-10, 23:37   #6
Q2M100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
I really think commanders job should be to command, above anything else.

Best solution IMO would be to have a cessna obsarvation plane with two seats. Pilot would have control of flares and WP rockets (marking for CAS)
Co pilot would have some optics (either something build inside the plane or simply binocs and a fairly free field of view) and he would spot enemies and communicate their position to pilot or commander or anybody.

-lucky

EDIT: drawing players from frontlines should not be a problem since 64p servers can soon be history. Furthermore this aircraft would be probably flying at those frontlines, suporting friendly infantry or being target of enemy fire.
If PR:V does have 128 players, then having an observation aircraft as you suggested would be an excellent idea. Now we just need someone to model it...

Tags
act, aircraft, observation, uav