project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-12-29, 09:17   #1
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Default insurgency tip

If youre using a civilian car, or a bike, and you plan to totally ditch it once youve arrived at your destination, destroy it.

Too often to people spawn in main due to lack of FOBs, take a bike to the cache or something and just leave it there. Eventually there are no bikes in main and people are forced to walk if there are a lack of FOBs.

Put a mag or two in a bike, take an RKG or some to a civi car. Your team will have way more transport available.

Also, this happens to humvees and logis on insurgency for BLUFOR, but the issue is that theyre worth tickets so its debatable whether or not you want to blow them up. For bikes and cars however, there is no punishment so its much better to not have them sit in a misc part of the map forever.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:57   #2
pr_profile
Default Re: insurgency tip

Do not do that with civi cars, they do not respawn after being destroyed.

Another one insurgent tip from my own experience. When you play as a sapper you can find a sniper who is playing alone. Kill him, but do not leave the location. This guy will return for his sniper kit. Be sure. You just have to prepare for it properly. You will have a few minutes to do the following:
  • pick up sniper kit
  • put tripflares near dead body
  • pick up sapper kit
  • put nadetraps (thats the right place for them! not at caches or areas with lots of friendlies!)
  • put IED(s)
  • put AT mine (optional)
  • get out from there to safe location and wait
  • in 5 minutes you can watch a guy moving towards his sniper kit

The following depends on your imagination and situation. If the prey incoming with a vehicle be sure he could ride over the mine you placed (optional). If he walks on foot be sure he can be caught in the trap made with nades. If the situation doesn't allow you to watch this scene then detonate IEDs after you heard tripflares triggered.

I killed the same sniper several times that way on Karbala in desert area But then they sent Abrams to eliminate me
pr_profile is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 17:51   #3
Mikemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_profile View Post
I killed the same sniper several times that way on Karbala in desert area But then they sent Abrams to eliminate me
Sounds like something I expect from a PR sniper.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 18:23   #4
pr_profile

Just always use the opportunity to benefit from the enemy's mistakes
Old 2012-01-19, 19:23   #5
splatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_profile View Post
Do not do that with civi cars, they do not respawn after being destroyed.

Another one insurgent tip from my own experience. When you play as a sapper you can find a sniper who is playing alone. Kill him, but do not leave the location. This guy will return for his sniper kit. Be sure. You just have to prepare for it properly. You will have a few minutes to do the following:
  • pick up sniper kit
  • put tripflares near dead body
  • pick up sapper kit
  • put nadetraps (thats the right place for them! not at caches or areas with lots of friendlies!)
  • put IED(s)
  • put AT mine (optional)
  • get out from there to safe location and wait
  • in 5 minutes you can watch a guy moving towards his sniper kit

The following depends on your imagination and situation. If the prey incoming with a vehicle be sure he could ride over the mine you placed (optional). If he walks on foot be sure he can be caught in the trap made with nades. If the situation doesn't allow you to watch this scene then detonate IEDs after you heard tripflares triggered.

This is a good tip, I always do this with the exception that I only use one or two nade traps or one IED+trip flares instead of all the explosivies, unless the location is suitable for ambush for other hostiles as well. Well placed traps means that you don't have to spend 2-5 minutes waiting to detonate the IED and trip flares will give you a que when to detonate the IED. It's not the end of the world if you don't get the sniper and I'm sure a sapper has more important things to do
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 20:01   #6
pr_profile

Since sappers' IEDs do no damage to medium and high armored vehicles this kit has more similarity to rifleman AP kit. So sapper's primary targets is infantry. Thats why I suggested one of multiple ways to kill enemy troops. Sure it is better to set up 10 IEDs with separate detonators, put 4 nade traps on the large area and put your 30 AT mines But it takes time, ammo and a lot of luck not to be killed by enemy or just tked. Then you always have to wait for the enemy. It can last very long...And I find it a bit boring. Sure you can get up to 10 frags. But you have to be tricky, silent, lucky and stay cool. Then you will get your reward.

I prefer a quick kill and then I start looking for my next target. Lonewolves are the easiest. And they are really predictable. So the tip I described before is just for fun against rambos

P.S. For DEVs: sappers should be able to use a frag grenade either as a frag or a nadetrap as in 0.8
Old 2012-01-20, 15:37   #7
Mikemonster

Sapper kit is amazing for fighting in buildings.

If you plant a grenade trap at a doorway, you can cover it with your gun so well that enemy troops can't pass. Especially good for rooves (roofs).
Old 2012-01-20, 15:38   #8
Fox_J21
Supporting Member

Grenade traps end people. That is all.

Fox_J21 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 15:16   #9
Mikemonster

I did realise that it would kill friendlies though, that is a flaw.. You can't remove them!

(Yeah, i'm not pro nade traps, just used them cos I was lonewolfing, there, I said it).

Tags
insurgency, tip