project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-02-08, 20:44   #1
Reality Contact
Default Reality Contact Edition 11!

Ello Ello!

The latest edition of Reality Contact is out now! It got delayed a bit (or a lot ) but here it is.

Have fun!
Reality Contact is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:49   #2
cyberzomby
Default Re: Reality Contact Edition 11!

And I'll start bumming out our fans and readers by announcing that I will be stopping my work on and with Reality Contact.

I've done 9 Editions in 3 different designs helping to make it, what it is today. I liked working with and on Reality Contact a lot and working with the guys behind it. But I recently have got a full time job (video editor/animator) that I actually like doing. My first job I enjoy :P This also means I get to be creative on my work hours so when I come home I don't feel the urge to pick up all sorts of design work. I just want to chill out and only worry about how to take out that bloody sniper!

It also doesn't help that my macbook can't handle the design that well. Its really painstakingly slow whilst I work in InDesign on Reality Contact. That is the reason there where some errors in the issues. Couldn't be bothered with checking it a few times. Its like playing a game with 10 fps

Both these things made me lose fun working on Reality Contact and it became more of a chore. It has got nothing to do with the readers, the writers or anyone else of the crew. For me its just time to let it go Thanks to all the readers and people who enjoyed it! It really made my day seeing the nice reactions.

I want to end my farewell note ( ) by saying I am working with the team to find a solution. It probably involves me making #12 as well to help them transfer over. So this is not the end of RC. I might still write the occasional article as well
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 22:15   #3
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
And I'll start bumming out our fans and readers by announcing that I will be stopping my work on and with Reality Contact.

I've done 9 Editions in 3 different designs helping to make it, what it is today. I liked working with and on Reality Contact a lot and working with the guys behind it. But I recently have got a full time job (video editor/animator) that I actually like doing. My first job I enjoy :P This also means I get to be creative on my work hours so when I come home I don't feel the urge to pick up all sorts of design work. I just want to chill out and only worry about how to take out that bloody sniper!

It also doesn't help that my macbook can't handle the design that well. Its really painstakingly slow whilst I work in InDesign on Reality Contact. That is the reason there where some errors in the issues. Couldn't be bothered with checking it a few times. Its like playing a game with 10 fps

Both these things made me lose fun working on Reality Contact and it became more of a chore. It has got nothing to do with the readers, the writers or anyone else of the crew. For me its just time to let it go Thanks to all the readers and people who enjoyed it! It really made my day seeing the nice reactions.

I want to end my farewell note ( ) by saying I am working with the team to find a solution. It probably involves me making #12 as well to help them transfer over. So this is not the end of RC. I might still write the occasional article as well
Thank you for all your help and work! You have been there for such a long time, its hard to see RC without you Hopefully we will be able to fill the dark empty space that you filled :P

And the writers will slave on for the readers!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 22:51   #4
declan54321

Nice edition! Liking all the articles!
declan54321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 22:54   #5
ShavedAlpaca

Khm, khm. Wicca, the intro to your combat report seems really familiar, where have I seen it before :P

Cyber thank you for inviting me to write for RC, you have been really nice throughout my start, answering the many questions I had.
Good luck with your job
Last edited by ShavedAlpaca; 2012-02-10 at 18:37..
Old 2012-02-09, 23:15   #6
Shovel
Supporting Member

Awesome! Loving my screenshots on the cover!

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 08:00   #7
cyberzomby

ShavedAlpaca Thanks for joining us and writing the articles

Ah! Shovel, it also seems I forgot to put a screenshot by on the cover. Sorry for that!
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 09:47   #8
Shneider
Supporting Member

Question Re: Reality Contact Edition 11!

Can someone restore the links (7 - 11 are down (( )
plz!

Shneider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 10:23   #9
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Links down

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 13:12   #10
Wicca
Supporting Member

I have them all in my computer. or my wifes. I dont know. Ill upload it at some point.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
contact, edition, reality