Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2006-11-11, 00:19   #1
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Default lag issue

I had a virus with pop ups, bought spysweeper and got rid of it but i still have my screen freeze for 1/4sec to 1 full second in game. This never happened before the virus and subsequent scans and removal. I also have mic problems now and Windows confirms the mic working.
I moved and now have a different connection ( cable ) and the problem continues.
I blew all the dust ( not much ) off video card and heat sinks.
I turned settings to med or low.
I still get this freeze about every 20-30 sec and its getting me killed a lot.
PLEASE Help !
Old 2006-11-11, 01:10   #2
Animalmother

This is a mighty bad time for that, I wish you luck.
Old 2006-11-11, 03:59   #3
[DVB]Neo.US

Salute Armed DA!

We've gotta get this figured out for tomrw . I am just curious, did you happen to press "tab" and check your ping times as soon as possible after the "freeze". The reason I ask is I had issues similar to this close to a year ago. My pings were really shooting up pretty high (500 -900 ) but it was intermittent. I performed a few trace routes to the game server and looked at the many "hops" between my machine and the server. I was able to see choke points and IPs where things were slowing down. I presented these reports to my ISP and they say the "engineers" took care of the problem. I have not had the problem occur again. It's all I can offer right now but I'll think some more on it tomrw at work. Salute and hope things work out for ya.

Neo
Old 2006-11-11, 04:06   #4
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Yeah, you gotta figure out if it's a ping issue or system issue. Best of luck though.

Old 2006-11-11, 15:14   #5
[DVB]Neo.US

Hey Armed DA,
I'm at work and had a sec to think about the problemo again. Reading through your post again am I correct to say this is the order of events:
1-Pop-ups secondary to virus
2-No issues with screen freezing
3-Virus/spyware removed
4-Pop-ups ceased, but "screen freeze" began to appear
5-You moved to a new residence and a new ISP
6-The "screen freeze" still happens

I just wanted to be certain of the events. If the sequence of events I've listed above is correct it makes me lean toward it being a problem with your puter rather than an ISP problem. The "constant" in this sequence is your computer. With the problem persisting, it reminds me that I have heard of viruses being removed and taking little bits and peices of our computer with them (not certain if this includes software, registry files, settings, etc. I am an idiot with this technical stuff). Considering this, I am wondering if the solution would be to restore your HDD to a previous date when all was running well. Sorry for the long post. Just tryin' to help out a brotha. Salute

Neo
Old 2006-11-11, 16:05   #6
dunkellic

could you post the hijackthislog file that i asked you for so i could make shure the spyware/virus is gone^^?
also, do you have a firewall enabled and do you run the antispyware programms while playing (is there an icon in the task tray?)
Old 2006-11-11, 16:09   #7
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Thank you.
I don't think it's an internet. I updated the audio drivers to fix the n game mic problem, no luck. The mic woeks fine in Windows but no one can hear me in game.
i think that some part of the video drivers were messed up with the virus removal.
The recomended precedure is to delete old versions of PR and install .4 fresh , corrrect ?
I am hoping that will eliminate the freeze.
My pings are normal, no spike noticed when i switch over to Tab screen.
I sent the logs via PM and i hav tried playing with the spysweeper on and off, no difference.
Old 2006-11-11, 16:24   #8
[DVB]Neo.US

Ok man. Fingers crossed here. Salute.

Neo
Old 2006-11-11, 16:38   #9
MrD
Supporting Member

When you've been hit by crap sometimes your OS gets damaged and the only way to sort it is to fresh install. With fast computers you don't need long to get OS and basic software installed and then a fresh install of vBF2 ahead of the new BF2:PR release.

I bet a fair few players are fresh installing anyhow to get the most out of the experience (I fresh installed myself a couple of days ago)

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
Old 2006-11-11, 16:50   #10
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

thats why every thing that come into my PC gets scaned personally by me.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."

Tags
issue, lag