project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Finnish Defense Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Finnish Defense Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Finnish Defense Forces faction.

Old 2012-05-29, 13:38   #1
Hulabi
Supporting Member

Default FDF Design plan and progress

Link to the Design Plan

Setup of the FDF Faction:

Vehicles:

Main battle tank:
- Leopard 2 A4

Infantry Fighting Vehicles:
- CV9030 FIN
- BMP-2 (ingame)

Armoured Personnel Carriers:
- Patria AMV
- Sisu "Pasi" XA-180
- MTLB-v (ingame)

Supply & Transport truck:
- Sisu SA-150 "Masi"

Jeeps:
- Land Rover Defender (Light)
- Mercedes Benz G-Wagon (Light) (ingame)
- BAE Systems RG-32 (Heavy)

Transport Helicopter:
- NH-90 TTH (ingame)

Fighter Jet:
- F/A-18C/D Hornet (ingame)

Weapons:

Knife:
- Sissipuukko 05 (ingame)

Pistol:
- Glock 17 (ingame)

Assault Rifles:
- RK-95
- RK-62 (ingame)

Sniper Rifle:
- Sako TRG-42 (ingame)

Shotgun:
- Remington M870 (ingame)

Light Machine Gun/MMG:
- PKM (ingame)

Grenade Launcher (Handheld):
- H&K 69 40mm

Anti-tank Weapons (Handheld):
- NLAW (HAT) (ingame, kind of..)
- M72 LAW (LAT) (ingame)

Maps:

- Rajantie (2km)
- Prizrak (4km)
Last edited by [R-COM]Hulabi; 2014-02-22 at 13:14..
Old 2012-05-29, 20:53   #2
Leopardi
Default Re: FDF Design plan and progress

Are you just using the PR weapon sounds or actually going on a FDF range to get authentic samples? In pori brigade they let people spend an afternoon at their firing range.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:49   #3
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

You also need a good equipment and knowledge to record good weapon sounds, its not only about getting to shoot it.

Old 2012-06-01, 00:34   #4
Leopardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
You also need a good equipment and knowledge to record good weapon sounds, its not only about getting to shoot it.
Well the PR dev team know how to do it. wasn't there a vid from their recording session with the army?
Old 2012-06-01, 09:25   #5
BroCop

And you really expect the entire DEV team to organize a trip to Finland to record guns at the shooting range?

After Jaymz's retirement?
Old 2012-06-01, 10:59   #6
Leopardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
And you really expect the entire DEV team to organize a trip to Finland to record guns at the shooting range?

After Jaymz's retirement?
Nope, but they can advice how to do it proper, can't be rocket science to record few gun sounds from different angles.
Old 2012-06-01, 15:48   #7
XoravaX

New here, but decided to post some real details of FDF's equipment.

IRL no FDF crewmen (panssarimies) are equipped with RK95TP, but with RK62TP (there really is a folding stock variant which is almost identical to normal RK62) or RK72TP, which is more commonly known as MPi-KMS (as it is East German built) or universally AKMS.

RK95TP can mount a large portion of western knife bayonets, in fact all the western M16-designed. There are local-made bayonets for the RK62 too.

Military Police, Special Forces (Erikoisjaakarit and Laskuvarjojaakarit) and peacekeepers use folding stock H&K MP5 submachine guns frequently, at least MP5A3 and MP5A5 and both with MP5-J stocks exist in the wares as well as MP5-SD6. MP5 is FDF's official SMG and is designated as 9.00 KP2000. MP5's are usually equipped with aimpoint red dot sights or some kind of open red dots.

The units above plus Coastal Rangers (Rannikkojaakarit) have also used FN P90TR - there are some hundred units but they aren't in active use due to their 5.7mm ammo.

The Border Guard units and Special Forces also have H&K G36C's, SPAS-12's and SIG SG552's.

MG3 machine guns are also in service, mainly as Leopard 2A4 and NH90 light armament, but FDF told they would also be issued as support weapons in a state of war. Remember that two MGs might be mounted on the tank, depending on the situation.

KvKK62 light machine gun has been mostly phased out due to the many structural weaknesses.

There are also Barrett M82 and 7.62 TKIV 85 sniper rifles in use.

Also, lately FDF has bought Walther P99 (9.00 PIST 2003) and Glock 17 (9.00 PIST 2008 ) w/ 19 round magazines, which have been starting to replace the FN-HP DA, though it's still widely in use.

Then there are modernised T-55M medium tanks which are still in use, though mostly for training, but sure to be mobilised in wartime due to their quick handling and light weight compared to the Leopard. After all, its cannon is quite a threat for IFV's and APC's.

I know this can't all, not even a fraction of this, to be implemented, but I still wanted to tell there are lots of more weapons than RK95TP, RK62, PKM, TRG-42 and SVD in use.
Last edited by XoravaX; 2012-06-01 at 17:33..
Old 2012-11-28, 21:22   #8
jebezz

So, what's the current situation? It's looking beautiful already, would be a shame if this went inactive. Not enuff Finland in war games!
But, take your time of course. Best of luck for you all!
Old 2012-11-29, 14:13   #9
Hulabi
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebezz View Post
So, what's the current situation? It's looking beautiful already, would be a shame if this went inactive. Not enuff Finland in war games!
But, take your time of course. Best of luck for you all!
Things are moving considerably slower, now that me and splatters are in the army (conscription) for a year (July 2012-July 2013).
That being said, the project isn't dead, far from it.
Like you said, we have a lot of nearly completed assets and maps that we can start up again quickly when we have the spare time again. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-11-29, 20:21   #10
jebezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Hulabi View Post
Things are moving considerably slower, now that me and splatters are in the army (conscription) for a year (July 2012-July 2013).
That being said, the project isn't dead, far from it.
Like you said, we have a lot of nearly completed assets and maps that we can start up again quickly when we have the spare time again. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
I'm glad to hear! And of course, real life things are always more important than computer/online stuff. Especially serving our country. Have a heartwarming and fun period in the army now with the winter coming and all, I still have 2-3 years before I have to do my duty.
Prime example of this brave and noble tradition:

Anyway, I'm quitting the OT here. Take your time guys, it's looking so, so great. It will definitely be implemented, it's only a matter of time! And if you guys need any help with GFX stuff (Photoshopping or such), I'm always happy to help.

Tags
design, fdf, plan, progress