project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
07 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-06-13, 20:29   #1
Ugly Duck

Default Supported Weapons

BF2 has the handy feature of fire selection. IE M16 is semi/burst, AK101 is full/semi, etc etc. However, it seems to me that all of the weapons with bi-pods only have one fire mode. Why not code(or script, dunno) a special fire mode that can only be uses when the soldier is prone, supported. You could have the animation with the bi-pod, wich is already half way done since the animation plays when you spawn. It could be used with sniper rifles too. I'm not 100% sure if it's possible, but I hope it is.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 02:35   #2
keef_haggerd

you know i read this post liek 2-3 times before i realized what you were getting at. i think thats a great idea. and how about if your near a low wall or window you can use this feature to be more accurate =)
keef_haggerd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 03:14   #3
Figisaacnewton

I had this idea a long time ago, again, search button is your freind.

But basically, im pretty sure you could just code a fire mode that can either only be used while prone, or is really really accurate while prone and really incredibly innacureate doing anything else (that would be sloppy though) to simulate setting up a weapon's bipod.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 03:37   #4
snipurs

just look at the stationary gun it is possible!
snipurs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 03:53   #5
keef_haggerd

while talking about support weapons, PLEASE fix their accuracy. now, when standing up and crouching, these weapons can be as inaccurate as you want them to be, but in PRONE, they should be able to hit any target within 25 yards no problem. this isnt the case when i was playing with the bots just moments ago, every 5th round seemed to be hitting even though it was firing at a relativly decent speed (about bursts of 6 shots every 2-3 seconds) and i was missing ALOT. in close range like that, a SAW gunner should be able to take out at least 3 other men if they are unaware he is this. i also noticed how inaccurate these guns are in multiplayer, as i sat there trying to hit ONE guy and unloaded about 100 rounds with bursts of 2 shots. he was only 50 yards away near a tree.
keef_haggerd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 04:04   #6
snipurs

like i said in a diffrent topic i shot 3 clips prone, one clip 3 round burst, 2nd 6 round burst and 3rd full round(didnt explain in detail in that post) but there was a head sticking out i saw shoulders and a portation of teh upper body i should atleast hit him once not 1 round.. also he was a sniper i was sitting still and prone with no cover he couldnt hit me... that goes to show you how bad the weapons reallys are.
snipurs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 16:48   #7
TaZ

how about like the bi-pods in AA? they really help with snipers.
TaZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 20:27   #8
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

i think the way Day of deafeat handles bipods (at least machine gun bipods) is great although the controls would be a bit different because in that game you can only scope the sniper rifle and for other guns the right click either melees or does nothing. but its a big keyboard so im sure there will be an open button that allows you to set a bipod (if thats possible), otherwise i like the standing=innaccurate prone= very accurate idea for the MGs

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 23:17   #9
stickyblue

Well, in my oppinion (I have never fired one, just so you know ) Common sense would tell you that the constant firing of those round creates the loss in accuracy, becuase of all those recoils it would be hard to keep a proper sight. From what i've heard, the M249 is relatively easy to be accurate, as it only fires the .223 round and is rather heavy. Now I would think, that shot's fired in bursts, would be just as accurate as the M16, if not more.
stickyblue is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-15, 23:47   #10
solodude23

Besides that, the M249 is not as heavy as many other LMG's. Its alot lighter. Its mainly used for small units in motion, so it can be easily used when they are engaging.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
supported, weapons