project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2013-02-15, 19:11   #1
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Default Tablets for PC

Hey guys, I got a gift card to Best buy ::P and was wondering if anyone has a tablet (for PC's) for drawing and stuff that they recommend, around the 50$ range (is that too low?) up too 100 I guess

CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 21:13   #2
Pedz
Supporting Member

Default Re: Tablets for PC

I suggest anything Wacom, they've had years of experience, and I still have a very very old wacom pen, that still works! I still use it a lot too, so high quality, and the pressure sensitivity works in most drawing programs. (Adobe is what I use, so not much other knowledge :S). Just things to look out for is pressure sensitivity, (whether it has it or not), and possibly angle sensitivity.

Not sure what price range those two put you in, and whether you'd need them for your drawing needs, but I would definitely say pressure is a neat feature.

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 21:17   #3
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: Tablets for PC

Um, at Best Buy?
FYI for those not in the USA, Best Buy is the biggest retail electronics chain store in the US, and everything is overpriced,

Really only one company, Wacom.
At that price range I'd guess one of the "consumer entry level" Bamboo tablets?
Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen and Tablet Silver CTH470 - Best Buy

You should ask in the "Finally a drawing thread" thread, the artists in residence should be able to get you sorted rather quickly.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
tablets