project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2013-04-02, 03:42   #1
general_Lee_USA
Default GTX 550ti BF2 PR Performance?

I recently upgraded to the EVGA GTX 550ti 1gb from my old EVGA 9800GTX+ 512mb. I noticed that my ingame performance in PR BF2 is not quite As good as it was with the 9800gtx+. My FPS will drop into the low 30s high 20s in certain surroundings which never occurred with the old card. It is playable but just not as smooth in general as the 9800gtx+. I have latest drivers, increased pagefile space, and even lowered some of the graphics settings. My question is, is this performance decrease normal for newer generation cards with PR and xp? Can anyone who has similar videocard share their ingame fps performance experience? Thanks for all replys.

E8400 core 2 duo @ 3.4ghz
Gigabyte P43 motherboard
4gb corsair xms ddr2 ram
Evga gtx 550ti 1 gb
FSP 600w power supply
Windows XP Pro 32bit
250gb sata HD
Xfi soundcard
general_Lee_USA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 03:55   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: GTX 550ti BF2 PR Performance?

I have a similar system with the GTX550Ti (replaced a burned out ENG GTX275, which was 1GB also).

I actually find that performance is comparable on BF2 to my old card, however iirc nvidia's performance rating said as much.

I will say that the cooling is better than my old card though.

FPS is 40-50 on medium, 30-40 on high, I recommend using the nvidia tools to set your graphics like anti aliasing though, gets better results than using teh ingame system I find.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 05:50   #3
general_Lee_USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
I have a similar system with the GTX550Ti (replaced a burned out ENG GTX275, which was 1GB also).

I actually find that performance is comparable on BF2 to my old card, however iirc nvidia's performance rating said as much.

I will say that the cooling is better than my old card though.

FPS is 40-50 on medium, 30-40 on high, I recommend using the nvidia tools to set your graphics like anti aliasing though, gets better results than using teh ingame system I find.
When adjusting the settings through the nvidia control panel do you just set the ingame graphics settings to off or normal? Or do you set them to the same values as the control panel?
general_Lee_USA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 19:04   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_Lee_USA View Post
When adjusting the settings through the nvidia control panel do you just set the ingame graphics settings to off or normal? Or do you set them to the same values as the control panel?
I think teh control panel will override your ingame setting no matter what iirc

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 00:14   #5
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

DDR2 RAM? o_O Maybe that's bottleneck... or 250 GB HDD is too old and slow... :/
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
550ti, bf2, gtx, performance