project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2013-05-24, 18:33   #1
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Default [0981] Enemy player appears on map

Yesterday, I was playing Fallujah West on the CIA server and noticed that someone in my squad was not on Mumble.

I then also realized that there were 7 people now in my squad instead of the usual 6. I asked my squad members if they saw they 7 members and they replied that they didn't, neither were they able to see him on the map.

I could see this 7th player (so happening to be camo_jnr_jnr) on my map. I also noticed he had an AT weapon, then later switched to AR (which already existed in my squad.) I could identify this player on the list of players for my team. My squad members reported him as being on the enemy's side. See below.

To see if switching out of the squad would solve the issue, I created a new squad. The enemy player remained in the squad alone and still visible to me on the map. My SMs reported that the old squad had been completely dissolved. See below.

I asked one of my SMs to try and create a new squad to replace the one we dissolved. Someone managed to remake the squad with no difficulty. To me they were in the original (bugged) squad I had dissolved earlier (no screenie), but they reported being in a new squad.

I solved the issue by merely disconnecting from the server and rejoining. No need to restart the entire game.

As a PS: Our squad only observed the obviously-a-cache location (AT, AR = RPG, PKM) and eventually some random squad came and took it down without our coordination.

B4TM4N
Last edited by doop-de-doo; 2013-05-24 at 22:32..
Old 2013-05-25, 00:39   #2
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: [0981] Enemy player appears on map

Haxxorz? No I think this also appeared to me a few times but I just didn't noticed it was an enemy player...

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 04:33   #3
Inspektura43
Banned

Theres another bug where you can see the enemy on the map as a red dot (like in vBF2 with the UAV).
I think it happens on teamswitch
Inspektura43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 04:52   #4
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

oh hey this was me, fancy that. From my point of view i couldn't see that i was on the other team but what may have fixed it for you was that i disconnected and reconnected after you asked me to. I'm pretty sure that i was in squad 1 for the insurgent team if i remember correctly just setting up on the soon to be known cache (hence me switching to AR when i picked up the pkm).
camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 16:30   #5
Maj.Osama
Supporting Member

CIA serve is where magic happen xD
and yeah sometimes I see the enemy when I get teamswitch and it last for 5 secs and then go back to normal .

Maj.Osama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 19:07   #6
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Same map 2 weeks ago, same for me.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26...y-my-team.html

Not only on map, but u got name appears on the head when u get close, like friendly.
But for me, the player i saw was never teamswitch.
qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
0981, appears, enemy, map, player