project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-07-04, 06:54   #1
Pvt.LHeureux
-
Default Rocket Technical

My favorite vehicle is now the Rocket Technical. Feedback :

- Allow the gunner to have a locked camera DIRECTLY behind the rocket pod so he can see if it's aligned towards the marker.

- Maybe add some more splash damage on the rockets? I saw one land right next to an enemy, he was still running fine after that

- Since the reload time is so slow, maybe 16 more ammo (1 mag) would be nice.

Put it on more maps, all maps, forever.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 12:01   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Rocket Technical

Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
- Allow the gunner to have a locked camera DIRECTLY behind the rocket pod so he can see if it's aligned towards the marker.
To look at the angle of the pod you can push F-11 (or "c" to cycle camera veiws) to get an idea of what angle its at and how much your moving it, but as for what direction the pod is pointing, you just need to learn that off the dash board, which tbh isn't too hard, if your the driver, its basically just in front of the steering wheel and if your the passenger, its where the steering wheel would be, not from the centre of the car, directly in front of where your sitting

Quote:
- Maybe add some more splash damage on the rockets? I saw one land right next to an enemy, he was still running fine after that
Ye for some reasons there have been reports that all rockets seem to be underpowered in v1.0, something might have changed with the materials since afaik, they have the same damage coding as they did in the last release but ye

Quote:
- Since the reload time is so slow, maybe 16 more ammo (1 mag) would be nice.
There are 32 rounds in a "mag" as this is the UB-32-57 rocket pod, which means it has 32 57mm rockets, although there is a smaller UB-16-57 version, this one isn't it

UB-16-57:

UB-32-57:

Currently it has 3 mags of 32 rockets (96 rockets total) although might up it a bit more if more people think its needed.

Quote:
Put it on more maps, all maps, forever.
It will be on a few more maps in the full v1.0 release with any luck but is still going to be a somewhat uncommon asset.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 12:06   #3
Pvt.LHeureux
-

I just want it to be succesfull cause it rocks
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 16:26   #4
notmyingamename

this thing is a blast to use
it's just not very effective at anything

tried to take down the enemy mortars and firebase. spent maybe 30 before i gave up. this was 100m range, aimed down somewhat. it looks awesome. love the way it pushes the truck back. it's a fun toy to put on a show, but a show is all it really does well.
notmyingamename is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 16:35   #5
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

pretty much

Old 2013-08-08, 17:00   #6
notmyingamename

haha awesome. i'd stick one in every fight just for the effect
notmyingamename is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 13:18   #7
desolator
Supporting Member

Folks, this car is epic!

Insurgents really need more unconventional cars like this
When the rockets hit the ground, massive dirt fountains are blown up in the air and the enemy is shocked to the bones!!

This car reminds me of a Redbull Promotion car I have seen hahahaha
Attached Thumbnails
redbullcar.jpg  

Numquam retro.
desolator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 16:50   #8
Murphy

Yesterday a bunch of of jumped onto a locked server and spent a good hour or so just shooting rockets at each other. We played a rocket techie version of Worms and it was a lot of fun. It gave me some insight into the vehicle that I wouldn't otherwise have because everyone jumps at the chance to take this toy in public servers.

We (or at least I) tried to devise a logical way to range the rockets by looking at the pod itself. The min and max ranges were found but trying to reliably judge where the munitions will land is neigh impossible. I wish there was markings on the stand to at least give us somewhat of an idea beyond "OK that's max, so if I hold S for x-seconds I might get rounds 500 meters".
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 07:29   #9
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I wish there was markings on the stand to at least give us somewhat of an idea beyond "OK that's max, so if I hold S for x-seconds I might get rounds 500 meters".
Not sure what you mean by that but to see how much your pod is moving while inside the gunner seat, you can push the F11 iirc key, or the "c" key to cycle to your rear view and you can then see the pod out the back of the cab

Tags
rocket, technical