project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-07-06, 08:43   #1
QCRulzz
Default Respawn times

Hello everyone,

I find, imho, the give up timer really annoying because when you die, if there's no medic around, there's no medic around, call for him as much as you like. The old timer was perfect, decrease it to 30, like it was, but remove the ability to give up until the 30 seconds has passed, then respawn. When playing insurgent, you are prone to dying a LOT when the cache is heavily assaulted and waiting 1 minute every time is really getting annoying. Say you die 20 times as insurgent on a 3 hours gaming session, you are going to stare at a blank screen for 20 minutes. And on a 3 hours session, 20 minutes is a lot. Please revert it to how it was, that would be appreciated.

Best regards.
QCRulzz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 09:48   #2
saamohod
Default Re: Respawn times

I believe the point behind the 1-minute respawn time was to encourage players to start valuing their life and to encourage the medics to do their job. In general I agree with it. I do realize that insurgents tend to die a lot, but I also realize that it is mostly due to their carelessness and disorganization, something you wouldn't be able to afford IRL when your life is at stake. I myself prefer to play as insurgent, and I often disregard my safety because no tickets would be lost and I will be back in action pretty soon. Now with the implementation of new rules I will have to reconsider my habits and attitude.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 02:48   #3
QCRulzz

It's not always about attitude. Sometimes there is simply NO medic around or you are in a spot where he cant get you without getting shot. 1 minute is nothing but annoying, why fix what aint broken? Just remove the give up button and after 30 secs you can respawn, pretty simple.
Old 2013-07-07, 03:46   #4
saamohod

I think 50 seconds would be a nice compromise. 60 seconds is a bit too much.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 05:17   #5
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

Like the OP i think the "dont give up" idea is great, but the 60 seconds are really annoying. Somewhat between the old and the new time would be nice.
ghostfool84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 14:02   #6
QCRulzz

50 is not a good compromise. Hell, I play with a magazine nearby so I have something to do when I die...
Old 2013-07-09, 02:53   #7
Tirak

Haven't found the respawn to be a problem at all, in the beta the insurgents had access to medic kits with fighting infantry which has alleviated the earlier problems of needing a civi class that no one wanted to play since .75 (Please can we get our lulzy 20 second spawn civy's back :P ). A medic should always be around anyway, and even if you could give up earlier, you still couldn't respawn until the timer tracks zero.

While being wounded, your respawn timer still goes down. Or is there something I'm not understanding that you're complaining about?
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 15:44   #8
CowabungaKid
Supporting Member

I have to agree with the OP on this one. There were many, many situations when I found the long wait to be pretty annoying.
When I know that my squad or another medic is around, I'm glad to wait that 1 minute or even the 5 minutes until I'm dead, but when I'm the last one in the squad to go down or when I'm shot down in an area which is being suppressed, bombed or whatever - well then I don't get the point of waiting for the revive.

Also, on a related topic: "I believe the point behind the 1-minute respawn time was to encourage players to start valuing their life and to encourage the medics to do their job."
I tend to be my squad's medic 7 out of 10 times. Believe me, there's no further encouragement needed. Squad members and pretty much everyone in a 50m radius is constantly yelling at you anyway.
While it can be stressful at times in 0.98, in 1.0 being the medic is simply annoying. Less Epipens, less field dressings and it's really hard to find the people you're supposed to revive because there are no nametags and no ingame signs anymore. Plus you're needed more often because of all the friendly fire. Yes, a squad can have two medics now, but (in my experience) many squad leaders tend to trade in the second medic for additional AA/AT capabilities.
CowabungaKid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 22:51   #9
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

40-45 seconds respawn time and the ability to see how long until you can give up would be a nice compromise. I hate seeing the word compromise thrown around as "We'll buttfuck you less".
Henrique_Dalben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 23:23   #10
ElshanF

The idea to wait until you give up is very good. Instead of giving up then your SL moaning at you, non of it happens, a lot anyway.
ElshanF is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
respawn, times