project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-05, 18:35   #1
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default The Project Reality IT Support Team Is Recruiting

Hey guys,
The Project Reality IT Support Team is looking for some fresh blood.

As a Support Technician you are responsible for both Hardware and Software Support within the PR forums.
Its your job to keep the Support Forum structured and get the questions answered and problems solved.

You will need a good understanding of PR itself and other software, as well as a deep know-how about computers and hardware.
Power of endurance is important and absolutely vital in the daily life as a Support Team Member.
Remember: PR Tech is a serious role within the PR team and not an easy way to gain the 'tags', gain access to pre-release information or test builds. Per default R-COMs do not have any access to these things anyway.
As a R-COM you represent the team and we expect a mature behavior in all matters.

Furthermore it requires good communication skills, the ability to explain yourself and - very important - be willing to work as a member of a small team. You will be the first tagged member many new players interact with, you are in many ways the face of PR, and will provide the bridge to allow people to enjoy our little corner of the gaming internet.

So if you think you've got the time and skills required to be a PR Technician then please apply below, giving us the following information.

Applications via private Messages or e-mail will be deleted, as will posts that are not questions about the role or actual applications.

Closing date for applications will be: Friday the 9th of August, the successful applicant(s) will be notified via PM after that date.

Quote:
Age/Location:
Length of time on forums:
Rough "daily browsing time"/frequency of visits:
Languages spoken:
Previous relevant experience:
What technical skills you would bring to the team/Why you'd be a good Support Technician:
Why you want to be part of the Team:
Any non-application posts will be removed. Application posts may be moved to our private forums, so don't worry if your application dissapears.
We do -not- guarantee that anyone will be picked through this procedure. If you don't hear from us regarding your application, please don't come to us. If we pick someone, we will contact them.

Cheers
The PR IT Support Team

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 01:26   #2
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

Default Re: The Project Reality IT Support Team Is Recruiting

Age/Location: 32 / Bay Area, California USA
Length of time on forums: joined 2-2009
Rough "daily browsing time"/frequency of visits: 2 hours +- Mon-Fri. 15-25? times a day loading up at least the forum homepage to browse.
Languages spoken: English
Previous relevant experience: Just school, personal building/troubleshooting. One of my given job titles at work is Free I.T.
What technical skills you would bring to the team/Why you'd be a good Support Technician:I like to solve problems, and help out.(see job title)
Why you want to be part of the Team: I try to help out when I can in the support section of the forum. I don't stick my head in too deep since there are much more capable personnel around here. Having some tags on my name would 'force' me to dig in deeper on issues instead of pull out. I might actually learn something along the way too.

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:28   #3
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

bumpity7

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:40   #4
Peeta
Supporting Member

Age/Location: 18 / Eastern US
Length of time on forums: Member since 11-27-2008
Rough "daily browsing time"/frequency of visits: At least four or five times a day, more if necessary.
Languages spoken: English / basic Spanish
Previous relevant experience: I've worked with PC's since I was 12-13 years old. I've gained knowledge over those years. I tinker with things to learn more about them, etc. I build my own PC's, dabble in coding / programming / have contacts in the hardware/software fields, etc. I run my own PR server so I know quite a few things on the server side, some of which transfer to client-side knowledge.
What technical skills you would bring to the team/Why you'd be a good Support Technician: Litoralis does an awesome job taking care of things already but I feel that maybe I bring other perspectives to the table / provide help when he isn't around / take workload off of him / etc. I would also be on IRC a lot so that those who do join there can get help there.
Why you want to be part of the Team: I want to just help. BD knows this from my beta tester app. I've played Project Reality since .75 and have had thousands of hours of enjoyment from it. I also really think that I can personally better myself with technology and learn things along the way. Public service in general is really my intended career path so working with people and solving their problems is pretty much what I do. As an official member of the team, I really feel that I can contribute in a very meaningful way.

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 18:15   #5
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

*bump*

we are still looking for some dedicated tech guys.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 12:37   #6
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Bump,

Anyone want to jump in and help the community?

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 10:17   #7
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Age/Location: 17. Auckland New Zealand

Length of time on forums:

Rough "daily browsing time"/frequency of visits:i check the forums everyday, at-least 3-5 times a day over the course of the day

Languages spoken: English (and a laughable amount of french)

Previous relevant experience: Technical adviser in TwitchTV communities as well as helping untechnically as advanced family members with computers and other systems. Im also a Manager as part of PRTA and a Global moderator for Free Candy Van incharge of the forums and other systems

What technical skills you would bring to the team/Why you'd be a good Support Technician: I know allsorts of coding languages, php, html, css, ect. Ive got experiance in breaking my own stuff and fixing it on a software and hardware level. as well as being a hockey player/captain i have experience taking charge in my task and as a whole.

Why you want to be part of the Team: Im here often enough, why not just help out by giving back i guess.

-FFG

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 16:55   #8
DC_K
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
Bump,

Anyone want to jump in and help the community?
PM'd you
DC_K is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 23:03   #9
toobublik

Age/Location: 23 / Eastern Canada
Length of time on forums: I'm new
Rough "daily browsing time"/frequency of visits: Too new to judge
Languages spoken: English
Previous relevant experience: I am currently finishing a college diploma in Computer Networking & Technical Support
What technical skills you would bring to the team/Why you'd be a good Support Technician:
  • Connecting & configuring routers to create a network
  • Basic database management with SQL
  • Basic scripting with Powershell
  • I know how to write proper letters, memos and business reports and make as well as conduct presentations and do research
  • Administrate Windows servers
Why you want to be part of the Team: I really appreciate this cause. A free platform in which we can do military simulations and role play for the purpose of having "serious fun". Also in my opinion I think PR has the best community. Not only for its PvP but also the surprisingly welcoming community I've experienced in this game. This community is also the first community I've had such a feeling. This community is the opposite of the labelled toxic communities of other games. It would be a pleasure to help out in anyway I can and not to mention a chance to put something on my resume.
toobublik is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
project, reality, recruiting, support, team