project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-17, 13:16   #1
Walmarx
Supporting Member

Default 5.45 caliber recoil, Faction sprint recharge inconsistencies

1) The recoil of the various AKs chambered in 5.45x39mm seems a little excessive at present, perhaps even worse than those firing 7.62x39mm, oddly enough. This is painfully evident on maps that pitch the US against the Russian Federation or Militia, as the M-16 series rifles are currently extremely effective in burst fire, even at ranges of over 50m.

2) I have also noted two distinctly different sprint recharge speeds, which seem to change relative to faction. I could see how that might have been a 'feature', wherein unconventional factions are more poorly conditioned, but that does not seem to be the rule.

3) Finally, only some factions seem to be able to change sighting modes (optics/BUIS) when sprinting.

2 and 3 may be kit related and I am simply behind the curve; I have not tested that possibility in depth.

http://s2.postimg.org/zdxdhsts9/rrrrussia_sig_medium.jpg
Last edited by Walmarx; 2013-10-01 at 03:16..
Old 2013-08-17, 17:26   #2
Predator.v2
Default Re: 5.45 caliber recoil, Faction sprint recharge inconsistencies

About the AK recoil, read this (point 2):

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f25...ml#post1937711
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 19:16   #3
yellodeath

maybe intended honestly, AK74Ms were THE most accurate single shot assault rifles before 1.0
yellodeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 22:28   #4
dysin

was it a feature that some factions seem to run out of stamina early on? i had the thought while playing that i was missing a few moments of sprint when someone brought up the same point and everyone agreed. social contagion or reality? i think this was while playing as ins (fallujah specifically).
dysin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 13:52   #5
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I don't get why the ar-15 family of rifles (m4, c7, m16) in game have much lower recoil in burst fire and full auto than they do on single shot? Isn't it meant to be the other way round? Surely firing in a controlled single shot manner would be easier on the recoil than flicking to the fun switch and blasting away?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 23:22   #6
Predator.v2

@camo:
It is an engine thing. Recoil "should" be the same for single shot or full auto. But if the bullets come out too fast, the "recoil animation" takes too long and will be overwritten/reseted by the next recoil animation. Thats why, especially in 0.98 with quite long fire animations (not recoil animations), weapons with high rpm feel/felt easier to control than weapons with low rpm.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 06:08   #7
saamohod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmarx View Post

2) I have also noted two distinctly different sprint recharge speeds, which seem to change relative to faction. I could see how that might have been a 'feature', wherein unconventional factions are more poorly conditioned, but that does not seem to be the rule.
I noticed that too. On Ramiel, ARF has its sprint nerfed as compared to US, for example.
saamohod is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 20:08   #8
izoiva

AK74 now has higt recoil, i think.
izoiva is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 19:36   #9
MertSahin

African Resistence Fighters sprint recharge takes forever, most people dont even notice but i dislike it very much.
I have a lot guys in my clan that agree with me (prWARs) and also some guys that noticed it but i dont think we have a real answer for it..

why does it take much longer for ARF to recharge your sprint then any other faction

those Africans win much maratons or am i wrong xD
is it supposed to be or something ? i dont know man those Americans get little bird kiowa blackhawk stryker un convoy apc
humvees everything all on it.. and still ARF sprint load takes forever. the sprint reload is a big disadvantage in firefights in ramiel, after 1 small sprint im out of sprint and it almost takes 2x the time to load up a full sprint in comparison with all other factions
MertSahin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 07:49   #10
Wheres_my_chili

Canada is the same way, too.
Wheres_my_chili is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
545, ak-74, buis, caliber, faction, inconsistencies, m-16=moonraker laser, recharge, recoil, sprint