project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-19, 03:49   #1
sold67
Default Supply Crate Changes/FOB Destruction

Hey everyone! I'd like to start off by saying it's awesome to be playing 1.0 it is fantastic and brings a lot of major improvements in all areas! The sounds are awesome. There are a few changes which do upset me a bit because I personally don't feel that they are the best changes gameplay wise or even a balance wise between realism/gameplay which is what I am sure the reality teams aim is.

The few people I have talked to in-game tend to agree but who knows how everyone on a whole feels about these changes.

1.) Supply Crates (Mini ones)

I don't think we should have two types of supply crate and I understand the reasoning in why it was done or at least I think I do, but personally I think having one crate is a much better system for gameplay and the flow of the game.

This one is pretty annoying especially on maps like Muttrah with having to do two huey runs as most of the time on that map the Osprey seems to be out of action and when I am on MEC I personally find it very easy to HAT this vehicle.

It's hard to really nail a reason for my disliking of this but from just for my experince playing 1.0 gameplay wise I think this change comes out worse. I'm hoping these are removed at some point in the future.

2.) FOB Destruction

The removal of being able to knife a FOB was a nice change! I do think though that we should issue incendiary grenades to most kits and make it possible to destroy FOBs w/ those grenade as it was before in 0.98. It's a real pain in the ass finding a FOB and then being unable to destroy it and you aren't always with a full squad and have the kit on hand.

I think the aim was for you to always have a somewhat sizable squad and have one person on hand to destroy these by having the required kit thus encouraging teamwork and operating in a squad. I strongly think again that gameplay wise the changes to FOB destruction aren't as good/fun as the old system that was used. I didn't see any need for changes on this front or any problems with the old system other then really the knifing.

That's how I feel and a few other people I have spoke with in-game but leave a post below saying how you feel about both these changes and if you agree/disagree with them. Thanks everyone and cheers to the whole dev team on the great job with 1.0!
sold67 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 04:34   #2
Imdruid
Default Re: Supply Crate Changes/FOB Destruction

Well i agree for the most part.
I think at east a squad leader kit should carry incendiary grenades at least. That way if you have at least 2 people in a squad you can scout. I usually run 2 man scout squads and we carry medic and Squad leader. I think at least there should be more kits that can kill Fobs and not just the breaching kit and engineer kit. This also ensures that the commander could also kill enemy fobs. Some would probably say that would abuse the UAV system, but in my opinion i think If you have a commander you have a full advantage anyways. That UAV really does help and people need to utilize it more often. Just kinda need to make it be more delayed in moving spots. But i do agree that an incendiary grenade would be nice on some kits. maybe just 1 so that the FOB could at least be disabled but not completely destroyed.

Now as for the Crate idea, i think that the idea of 2 crates is awesome, but silly. I think it should just take 1 crate because of the fact that sometimes you don't have time to make another drop. and if you want to play that game i think assets should take 3-4 crates for them to be built. If you are gonna double up things then might as well make it more worth while to make it more difficult to sneak in TOW launchers and assets. But i agree for the most part on this topic.
Imdruid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 10:54   #3
ExeTick
Supporting Member

the biggest problem I have noticed with no incendiary grenades is that lonewolfs usually camp the FOB because they cannot destroy it.

it is a little bit frustrating if it is the only FOB that your team can spawn on.

ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 07:48   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sold67 View Post
This one is pretty annoying especially on maps like Muttrah with having to do two huey runs as most of the time on that map the Osprey seems to be out of action and when I am on MEC I personally find it very easy to HAT this vehicle.
In the case of Muttrah you also have the Logistics Trucks spawning at docks once you capture it which is a far safer method of getting a FO on the front lines than even with having the Huey doing resupplying with the old crate setup.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 09:49   #5
KneeHiGh
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTick View Post
the biggest problem I have noticed with no incendiary grenades is that lonewolfs usually camp the FOB because they cannot destroy it.

it is a little bit frustrating if it is the only FOB that your team can spawn on.
I have personally done this a few times while waiting for my squad to get to me. It is pretty shit on the other team to be honest but what else are you suppose to do? It would make sense if more classes could destroy a FOB...
KneeHiGh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 07:48   #6
ghostfool84
Supporting Member

Whats about to create a 1man overrun radius thats very small but can be triggered by only one player. So people can block the spawn and dont need to spawncamp if they are alone.
ghostfool84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:04   #7
Mikemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdruid View Post
Well i agree for the most part.
I think at east a squad leader kit should carry incendiary grenades at least. That way if you have at least 2 people in a squad you can scout. I usually run 2 man scout squads and we carry medic and Squad leader. I think at least there should be more kits that can kill Fobs and not just the breaching kit and engineer kit. This also ensures that the commander could also kill enemy fobs. Some would probably say that would abuse the UAV system, but in my opinion i think If you have a commander you have a full advantage anyways. That UAV really does help and people need to utilize it more often. Just kinda need to make it be more delayed in moving spots. But i do agree that an incendiary grenade would be nice on some kits. maybe just 1 so that the FOB could at least be disabled but not completely destroyed.

You pretty much stated the reason it was made harder to destroy FOB's.. To prevent the inevitable 1-2 man 'Special Forces' squad ninja'ing enemy FOB's and spoiling the game for the other team.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changes or fob, crate, destruction, supply