project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-09-26, 08:38   #1
Inspektura43
Banned
Default Gunships Hellfire Missile Trail

I think the Hellfire missile that leaves such a huge white trail behind it is completely unrealistic and arcadish.All the new effects and everything is awesome but that trail is the only thing thats bothering me.
I'd say the same for the Hydras but since we're talking about hellfires I will remain silent.

Please discuss, what do you think about it.
Inspektura43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 15:54   #2
Inspektura43
Banned
Default Re: Gunships Hellfire Missile Trail

Can you revert back to the old hellfire missile trail?(like in the open beta)
The current one is terriBAD
thank you
Old 2013-12-11, 12:47   #3
viirusiiseli
Banned

Same with AA's, flares, everything. They're all completely unrealistic looking and straight up weird. I don't know why they even got implemented.

It's like when you shoot a missile the trail doesn't even stay where the missile went, it does some kind of effed up straight line moving all over the place. So many changes I see no reason for in 1.0 this is just one of them.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 10:55   #4
Inspektura43
Banned

Hellfiring other choppers is also a lot easier now and it requires 0 skill
Old 2013-12-13, 11:15   #5
Takeda

Also, ATGM trail in tanks is annoying. You cant rly aim after sending missile, coz of trail that is blinding the gunner for good 5, and even more.
Takeda is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 19:54   #6
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda View Post
Also, ATGM trail in tanks is annoying. You cant rly aim after sending missile, coz of trail that is blinding the gunner for good 5, and even more.
Yeah this too, from what I've seen when any ATGM/TOW is being fired it only leaves a faint trail of smoke, it doesn't seem that big IRL either.
Old 2013-12-15, 22:40   #7
yellodeath

it's not even the trail of smoke that blinds the tank gunner/driver, it's the smoke cloud that comes out, the only way to bypass it is have your driver in the same room synchronized with your ping ready to drive forward through the smoke for 3 feet and stopping immediately so you can guide the missile

so yeah it's pretty much impossible to do that, so you're sitting behind a smoke screen hoping your target didn't move

that is probably not how ATGMs work in real life, at least not in any modern armor, targets always move
yellodeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 14:46   #8
Brunitogg
Retired PR Developer

Hey guys, ill have to change that quick then but unfortunately i,m not with my pc at the moment, currently in Cape Town on holidays. Will fix asap as soon as i get back.

There is a weird bug with the trails causing them to move very weirdly but i,m sure i can fix this, this was happening a lot with the flares and i fixed it not long ago by making the effect physics simpler but please let me know if flares still screw up.

Missiles i will have to check the coding again and reduce their intensity i rate.

-= Project Reality Visual FX Artist =-

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic19155_5.gif
Brunitogg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 16:31   #9
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Brunitogg View Post
Hey guys, ill have to change that quick then but unfortunately i,m not with my pc at the moment, currently in Cape Town on holidays. Will fix asap as soon as i get back.

There is a weird bug with the trails causing them to move very weirdly but i,m sure i can fix this, this was happening a lot with the flares and i fixed it not long ago by making the effect physics simpler but please let me know if flares still screw up.

Missiles i will have to check the coding again and reduce their intensity i rate.

Possible to make flare/missile effects more similar to 0.98? IMHO it was much better and looked more realistic?

Brown smoke coming out of flares/missiles seems odd, as the trails usually look more gray/white IRL.
Old 2013-12-31, 23:17   #10
Tarranauha200

Would it be possible to remove the sparks that fly when bullets hit metal objects? They are very unrealistic. IIRC even the knife makes this spark effect when hitting metal.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gunships, hellfire, missile, trail