project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2013-09-29, 23:15   #1
Walmarx
Supporting Member

Default Canadian G-Wagon M-240s

These vehicles apparently have no warmup time at all for their gunner seats. After failing to run me over twice in a one-manned G-wagon, a wayward blufor player then jumped into the gun and started laying down fire before the vehicle had even stopped rolling.

http://s2.postimg.org/zdxdhsts9/rrrrussia_sig_medium.jpg
Walmarx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 08:16   #2
Kommandos0
Default Re: Canadian G-Wagon M-240s

I assume its like this because it's an m240 (an infantry weapon) and not a big .50 cal so it doesn't take as long to setup.
Also when you have the m240 as an infantry it takes like 1.5 or something seconds to set up so I don't think there's really a point for having that small delay before firing when you're in a vehicle.
Kommandos0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:10   #3
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandos0 View Post
I assume its like this because it's an m240 (an infantry weapon) and not a big .50 cal so it doesn't take as long to setup.
Also when you have the m240 as an infantry it takes like 1.5 or something seconds to set up so I don't think there's really a point for having that small delay before firing when you're in a vehicle.
Climbing out of the driver's seat, into the gunner position before having to check the weapon and/or load it takes less than 1.5 seconds? Not to mention it's primarily meant as a balance feature so you can't drive around solo and instantly start shooting at people. I highly doubt it's not a bug or oversight.

Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:12   #4
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandos0 View Post
I believe the delay was to simulate 'getting in' or 'changing seats', not 'setting up' the gun, as I'm pretty sure with .50's you can just pull the hammer(?) back and start rocking too. It was probably just an oversight/omission in the delay python code.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian, gwagon, m240s