project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-10-10, 23:30   #1
Rabbit
Default [Map] Omaha Beach (2km) [WIP]

WIP pictures.

Layout I used

I then adjusted the fields, roads, and trenches to match with this recon photo. I also began trying the make out specific buildings in the city.

with this photo, and I could then figure out which buildings were which back in 1944.

With that done, I went into google earth street viewer and found those buildings, and tried to retreat their size down the amount of windows.

All in all I used probably over 100 reff pictures but no ingame shots yet, we lost a lot of statics and are in the possess of recovering them. However, once that is done, we have only 2 statics left to get into it before the map is ready for a test.
Last edited by Rabbit; 2013-10-27 at 17:56..
Old 2013-10-10, 23:56   #2
3===SPECTER===3
Default Re: [Map][PR:WW2] Omaha Beach (2km)

Rabbit you are a mapping MACHINE! realistic Omaha ftw. The right statics will really make this map great, hope you guys found some good static modelers. Can't wait to see some screen with the lighting and atmosphere
3===SPECTER===3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 00:18   #3
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I agree rabbit you are a machine, this map looks awesome. Have you sorted out what assets you plan on having for each team? i.e tanks and half-tracks. Also will it have a night time para drop layer like op overlord did?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 00:23   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Night time paradrop map might be Brecourt Manor instead, as it offers more land and places
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 00:39   #5
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Night time paradrop map might be Brecourt Manor instead, as it offers more land and places
Not sure how that would work, Brecourt has a nice feel to it because you push the Germans back and back with each flag kinda like (dare i say it) rush from modern BF games. I hope you keep the daytime layer as well night time paradrop layer.

Old 2013-10-11, 00:41   #6
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_jnr_jnr View Post
I agree rabbit you are a machine, this map looks awesome. Have you sorted out what assets you plan on having for each team? i.e tanks and half-tracks. Also will it have a night time para drop layer like op overlord did?
Yes I have, however it will probably change after the playtest to better balance it. The US spawn on "docks" with landing craft and navel guns, there is also room to build mortars.

Coming into the beach there are 3 shermans (out of view for the germans) that the US can assault with.

Germans have several direct gun positions, (3 or 4) and several mortars (3). Direct line of sight guns have no respawn, mortars have 10min.

After the US capture the beach, their bleed will stop, and will also be given 2 support and 1 logi. After they begin taking the german defenses, more thing like half tracks, supply trucks etc will begin spawning on the beach.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 01:05   #7
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Yes I have, however it will probably change after the playtest to better balance it. The US spawn on "docks" with landing craft and navel guns, there is also room to build mortars.

Coming into the beach there are 3 shermans (out of view for the germans) that the US can assault with.

Germans have several direct gun positions, (3 or 4) and several mortars (3). Direct line of sight guns have no respawn, mortars have 10min.

After the US capture the beach, their bleed will stop, and will also be given 2 support and 1 logi. After they begin taking the german defenses, more thing like half tracks, supply trucks etc will begin spawning on the beach.
When you say "docks" do you mean like a floating dock that was in Op overlord way out to sea? Also i noticed the deep wading gear for the Sherman went up in priority https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ity-tasks.html so are you hoping to get that into this map?

Old 2013-10-11, 01:10   #8
Rabbit

Yeah, like the ones in OP Overlord, but not those exact ones. I would like it get it into this level, but its not one of the statics that is needed. The two that are needed are the tobruk bunker which is almost complete. https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...unker-wip.html
and the German antitank wall static located the in request thread.
Old 2013-10-11, 09:42   #9
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Omaha Beach (2km) [WIP](PR:N)

renamed thread ..............

its that simple to read, i dont get it ..
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...g-new-map.html

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 11:34   #10
Rabbit
Default Re: [Map] Omaha Beach (2km) [WIP](PR:N)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Amok@ndy View Post
renamed thread ..............

its that simple to read, i dont get it ..
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...g-new-map.html
Pr:ww2 grumpy, no longer pn.

Tags
2km, beach, map, mapprww2, omaha, prn, wip, wipprn, wipprww2