project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2014-03-18, 10:32   #1
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default ZU-23-2 Truck

So my feedback about this truck;

It's awesome! The FSA is capable of engaging enemies camping on buildings and in compounds from long range just by using this vehicle and a spotter. Besides that it's a great FOB killer. Yesterday we found a FOB on a roof, after a few burst it went down and after a few more it completely disappeared.

I like how it's balanced because it's easily outflanked by infantry, it can't even take a LAT, it's also not that fast. But it packs a lot of fire power instead.

There is only one thing I would have liked on this thing, that it can shoot forward over the cabin. Now if a helicopter comes straight at you, you need to make a sharp turn in order to hit it.

Good job Syria Mod developers!

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 10:36   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: ZU-23-2 Truck

We can't do that as we can't make it so it won't clip threw the cabin unfortunately. One of the setbacks on how the rotation can work

Thanks for the feedback

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 12:02   #3
Pronck
Supporting Member

That's a bummer, but still it's a great vehicle is frikkin awesome! Can we see it being used by the militia and maybe taliban faction as well in the future?

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 21:39   #4
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

AWESOME modelling work!! And coding and whatever else is involved in this fantastic creation!
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 22:53   #5
Dude_Nukem
Supporting Member

Yeah, it looks great! I need to get a hang of it soon.

So Pronk, there's only one solution, I guess. The truck needs to be parked with the back facing the expecting enemies/choppers/etc. Also good for getaway, right?
Dude_Nukem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 02:15   #6
waldov

Yeah its one of the most awesome vehicles ive seen in PR in a long time, not just because it looks cool but because it is so unique. I hope we will see more of them with other factions in the future might be able to re-introduce some CAS again.
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 06:52   #7
Murphy

I must admit I was one of the people resisting this vehicle for fear of it becoming some spammy death quad on wheels but you guys did a good job of keeping it balanced. Other then those few bugs it's pretty badass.
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 08:04   #8
Dude_Nukem
Supporting Member

What is the rcon spawner command to spawn the truck? Or what's the objects_vehicles_server file name? I can't see it, or am I just blind?

EDIT: nevermind found it, under civilian folder. It's civ_aav_uralzu232.
Last edited by Dude_Nukem; 2014-03-20 at 09:26..
Old 2014-04-24, 13:36   #9
Jacksonez__

I do not want to know what a 23 mm projectile would do to my torso in real life, but in PR it doesn't do shit apparently? It was not even long time ago, maybe a week ago, when I waited for some infantry to come by with my Zu-23 truck.

Then some troops came by. I shot to them, I fired to the surroundings (ground, walls) - they did not die and one of the guys even returned fire! I saw one of them literally standing in the middle of the "splash" area and he did not die.

I don't know whether it was a one time bug or is the damage really that messed up against infantry?. Yes, I have managed to kill bunch of infantry with this thing, but it required damn accurate fire (=hitting the body, not ground or so) and multiple shots. On the other hand, this truck is awesome against MTLB's or trucks and so on.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 13:51   #10
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I doubt the 23mm in real life causes a lot of spash damage. You have to hit your targets

But other team members with knowledge of our projectiles and damage systems can answer you better.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
truck, zu232