project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2014-04-02, 22:59   #1
Uncle_Dante
Default Loosing HUD after tab-out

I have recently started to experience a bug that completly ruins the game experience for me.

Every now and then when im playing i tab out to change the volume of the game, fiddle with skype and browse the web to make the deathtimers pass. Never had any issues with this.

Until when i updated game to 1.1.6.0 and installed a second auxiliary monitor, that i only use to see what music i have playing, skype and other chats etc.

Everything that isnt part of the physical gameworld disappears, the overlays, HUD's, on-screen effects, scoreboard and squadmenu. All text such as the chat, servermessages and teamkill messages disappears too. The squadmenu, map, chat and Q and T-HUD still "works" but is impossible to use because i have no mouse pointer and dont know where to press.

I have tried disconnecting the second display i connected but it didnt fix the issue.
Could it have anything to do with the latest patch? Previous version was fine.
Could it still have been the additional screen i added that caused it, and that disconnecting it dosent fully revert it back to the way it was before?

Im running Win 8.0 64bit as my operating system.
Uncle_Dante is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 03:37   #2
X-Alt
Default Re: Loosing HUD after tab-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Dante View Post
I have recently started to experience a bug that completly ruins the game experience for me.

Every now and then when im playing i tab out to change the volume of the game, fiddle with skype and browse the web to make the deathtimers pass. Never had any issues with this.

Until when i updated game to 1.1.6.0 and installed a second auxiliary monitor, that i only use to see what music i have playing, skype and other chats etc.

Everything that isnt part of the physical gameworld disappears, the overlays, HUD's, on-screen effects, scoreboard and squadmenu. All text such as the chat, servermessages and teamkill messages disappears too. The squadmenu, map, chat and Q and T-HUD still "works" but is impossible to use because i have no mouse pointer and dont know where to press.

I have tried disconnecting the second display i connected but it didnt fix the issue.
Could it have anything to do with the latest patch? Previous version was fine.
Could it still have been the additional screen i added that caused it, and that disconnecting it dosent fully revert it back to the way it was before?

Im running Win 8.0 64bit as my operating system.
If you have it set to Win 7 compatability, turn it off, causes a mess... Ctrl alt deleting and going in also works@times...
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 08:33   #3
Uncle_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
If you have it set to Win 7 compatability, turn it off, causes a mess... Ctrl alt deleting and going in also works@times...
You sir deserves a hug!
I was in fact running it in Win 7 compatibility mode but i didnt think about it when trying to troubleshoot.
Did you know this issue since before or was it a shot in the dark?

Hopefully this thread might help someone else with the same issue
Uncle_Dante is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 15:01   #4
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Dante View Post
You sir deserves a hug!
I was in fact running it in Win 7 compatibility mode but i didnt think about it when trying to troubleshoot.
Did you know this issue since before or was it a shot in the dark?

Hopefully this thread might help someone else with the same issue
I had this issue b4, I joined every lobby and xero HUD except the console.. Reinstalled PR and only then realized it was just Win 7 compatibility mode that was messing it up.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
effects, hud, loosing, overlay, tabout