project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2014-07-12, 18:11   #1
LooMay
Question PR 1.2 issues for Linux

Hi everyone!
I'm a member of the staff of Batalha pelo Mundo, a FPS brazilian players community , and we are about to put up again our PR server. But we are having some problems: the resources consumed by the server are HUGE! Like three times bigger if compared to the 0. versions ( according to our servers provider)
I'm not an expert - being honest, neither an enthusiast- in server issues, so I'm sorry the lack of more precise information. All that our guy said is that "the 1.0 version is not working very well with our version of Linux, and the server isn't working so well, lagging like crazy when more than 64 players joins the game". ( his words, not mine!)
What I would like to know is: have you guys heard something like that? And what kind of information I must bring here to "help you to help me"?

Cheers from Brazil,

LooMay
LooMay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 13:17   #2
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: PR 1.2 issues for Linux

Hello LooMay,
I'll try to get someone who runs a PR Linux server to respond to you and help you out.

There should be a https://www.realitymod.com/forum user account created by someone at your company that is assigned as a "server administrator" access level for the forum and should have access to the server administrators' sub-forum. It is in that subforum where all these questions can be asked and answered the easiest.

regards,

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 00:16   #3
LooMay
Default Re: PR 1.2 issues for Linux

Hi LITOralis.nMd! I'm not aware about anyone in our community that have access to the server administrators' sub-forum. I'll check with the guys and find out.

Thank you very much!
LooMay is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
issues, linux