project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2014-09-08, 20:16   #1
Duncan Idaho

Question Regarding Polish Faction Crewman Kit

According to the design plan dated 2/09/2014, the primary weapon of the Polish Crewman is a Mini-Beryl Carbine with an Eotech and a front grip. Yet I am confused. Doesn't the Polish Military issue the PM98 to its crewmen?

Zak?ad Produkcji Specjalnej

I am by no means an expert on the subject and am just asking a question out of curiosity. That being said, there seems to be a heck of a lot more PM98s in service than Mini-Beryls and I figured that the Mini-Beryl would be more suited as an alt weapon for the Breacher. (Anti-tank too though it seems that has already been covered)

This is my first post, please be gentle.
Duncan Idaho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 22:28   #2
Antol
Default Re: Regarding Polish Faction Crewman Kit

Welcome on forum, Duncan!

Some time ago team discussed about using Glauberyt, but we got finished Mini-Beryl model from previous team and we decided to use this weapon for several kits instead making completly new weapon which is PM-98. There was/is more important projects to be done for the first release.
Maybe in further version of Polish Faction. Who knows. But at this stage of development it could cost a lot of time.

Anyway, thx you for suggestion

PS. I made a research and figured that Mini-Beryl is used by crewmans of KTO Rosomak. They're using this weapon with some problems (because of size) but it not means that Mini-Beryl is not for crewman.

http://gdziewojsko.wordpress.com/201...ste-zolnierzy/

..."Zupełnie inaczej wygląda sprawa jednak z Mini-Berylami, kt?re otrzymali mi. kierowcy Rosomak?w, kt?rzy mieli problem ze zmieszczeniem broni w ciasnym przedziale kierowania (starszy Mini-Beryl z kolba składana sprawiał mniej problem?w w tym zakresie)."

I would like to have Glauberyt too, but as i said, it is not really necessary to have this weapon when we have Mini-Beryl.
Last edited by Antol; 2014-09-08 at 22:48..
Old 2014-09-09, 00:06   #3
Duncan Idaho

I figured this was the case. Time is always an important factor in the carrying out of any project in a reasonable manner. Thank you for responding.
Duncan Idaho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 21:11   #4
Forgotten
Supporting Member

Polish Army in the most uses PM-84P (P for Parabellum 9x19mm). Of course, there are PM-98 - in units with Leopards and Twardys if I am not wrong (probably units with T-72 and BWP-1 have the PM-84P). But it's not necessary to make the PM-98 as Antol said. Poles will have cute Mini-Beryl, which is more powerful than submachine-gun (it can be a counterpart for AKS-74u) and it is equipped with one of the most well sight - EOTech. About kits in Polish Forces - I think they should add more Beryl (ironsight) (kbs wz. 1996A Beryl) for special kits as standard kits, not alternative.
Forgotten is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 04:09   #5
fatalsushi83

I like how the Polish faction will have a lot of awesome new equipment rather than just stuff recycled from other factions. This is really something to look forward to. BTW, I'm assuming you guys will make a Poland vs Russia map, right?
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 07:21   #6
Antol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post
About kits in Polish Forces - I think they should add more Beryl (ironsight) (kbs wz. 1996A Beryl) for special kits as standard kits, not alternative.
This can be changed in future. There will be for sure some balance tweaks in Kits category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
BTW, I'm assuming you guys will make a Poland vs Russia map, right?
About map i can only say that everything can happen.
Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 15:10   #7
Forgotten
Supporting Member

Worse problem is RPK. Cause of none 5,56mm LMGs in Polish Army and must of Automatic Rifleman kit (there was a problem that PKM can't be in AR kit because of caliber) equates anachronistic RPK which is maybe, I'm not sure, in use by paratroopers but in very limited number. More realiable version is, that RPK is in stockpile. 3 years ago military magazines wrotes that Negev may be produced in Poland = probably go into Polish Army. Won't happend. Only special forces uses FN Minimi. And for the end - sorry if I wrote too much mistakes in my message.
Old 2014-09-10, 16:22   #8
Death!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post
Worse problem is RPK. Cause of none 5,56mm LMGs in Polish Army and must of Automatic Rifleman kit (there was a problem that PKM can't be in AR kit because of caliber) equates anachronistic RPK which is maybe, I'm not sure, in use by paratroopers but in very limited number. More realiable version is, that RPK is in stockpile. 3 years ago military magazines wrotes that Negev may be produced in Poland = probably go into Polish Army. Won't happend. Only special forces uses FN Minimi. And for the end - sorry if I wrote too much mistakes in my message.
That can be solved giving optics to the MG kit and only iron sights to the AR kit, I guess.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 17:30   #9
Forgotten
Supporting Member

If animations of PKM for AR kit are avaliable - then we have PKM for AR kit standard and old RPK for alternative kit.

Tags
crewman, faction, kit, polish