project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2014-10-29, 12:55   #1
ddeo
Retired PR Developer
Default Polish Forces - map request

Hi,
PF team lacks of good mappers, we are concentraining mainly on assets. I would like to ask community mappers for making woodland map for our faction, it's gap we would like to fill, because for this kind of map we preparing assets like (I'm not posting images, post would be too heavy):

Jeeps:
AMZ Dzik

Jets:
Su-22
F16
mig29

apc
BWP1

tanks:
Leopard 2a4
Leopard 2a5

AAV:
Shilka

heli
Mi-24

We have currently no map to use above vehicles, besides of these vehicles You could use assets for woodland map like:

trucks:
Star 944 transport truck
Star 1466 logi truck

light apc/jeps
BRDM-2
BRDM Spandrel
BRDM Zbik
Honker 2324
Honker Skorpion-3

apc:
KTO Rosomak

heli:
W-3WA Sokol transport helicopter
mi-17

tanks:
pt91
t72

and boats!

As You can see, one map would be probably not enough to use all of these vehicles. If You have any ideas to create eastern Europe map, or you have currently one in workshop, please consider placing our faction on it. Feel free to discuss.
Last edited by [R-DEV]ddeo; 2014-10-29 at 22:10..
Old 2014-11-13, 14:51   #2
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Polish Forces - map request

Hey, you can have my Grozny map if you want. The only thing left to do is to try to group the pavements togheter into bigger sections( I think with 3dsmax).. If it still lags too much after that, the map will have to be remade a little bit. but yeah, let me know if you are interested

EDIT: You can change the name of it aswell of course.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2014-11-13 at 15:12..
Old 2014-11-13, 15:06   #3
Microwaife

Tbh grozny map should have the russians on it...
Microwaife is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 15:11   #4
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microwaife View Post
Tbh grozny map should have the russians on it...
I agree, but I need someone to help me with the pavements in 3ds and this is the only option I see (I'm guessing polish forces-team have someone who's good with 3dsmax). So basically if I would keep it with russian faction it would never even make it into the mod
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 19:26   #5
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Thank You Ason for offer, this is one of most anticipated maps. I'm eager to play it too. We often talked in our team, that we would love to have map like Grozny for Polish faction. Unfortunately I have to agree with Microwaife, Grozny needs Russians, this is just not kind of conflict for Polish faction.

I'll talk with some people about these pavements, we will see what can be done about it. Cheer up!
ddeo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 03:20   #6
Microwaife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
I agree, but I need someone to help me with the pavements in 3ds and this is the only option I see (I'm guessing polish forces-team have someone who's good with 3dsmax). So basically if I would keep it with russian faction it would never even make it into the mod
Maybe you can try to contact some of the mapping devs.
Mineral, Rudd, Rabbit, etc. to help you out!

On topic:
Isn't there some maps which are in the making for a faction with alot of maps already?
Or a map with a faction on it which already has alot of woodland maps. Saareema f.e.
Microwaife is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 09:07   #7
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Ahh, don't need to worry about Polish faction anymore (at least not so much). Woodland map for PF is already in development, and it is in GOOD hands. This means we already have maps to use most of our assets.

Although we would still need map, where we could use fixed wing aircraft. If anybody is willing to make it, it would be awesome.

Also, our Afghanistan map, Torgan Valley would need skilled mapper to finish it - but this is completly optional, most of vehicles and skins used on Torgan Valley can be used on Outpost.
ddeo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 08:49   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microwaife View Post
Maybe you can try to contact some of the mapping devs.
Mineral, Rudd, Rabbit, etc. to help you out!

On topic:
Isn't there some maps which are in the making for a faction with alot of maps already?
Or a map with a faction on it which already has alot of woodland maps. Saareema f.e.
AFsoccer/Rhino/Andy would be your best bets I think for that kind of task.

I'm in Kenya right now on bad internet so I cannot really look, but there might be a tutorial on combining field statics to save FPS, it would be the same kind of task I think. Apologies if that tutorial has not been posted, but one of the above devs might be able to explain it.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 17:49   #9
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Mineral posted that tut^

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...ticobject.html

CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 05:40   #10
Jamesroy009

Jamesroy009 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
forces, map, polish, poxo is ghey, request