project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2015-05-08, 18:50   #1
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Arctic Lion - mapper needed

In the next PR update Arctic Lion will get removed because its not up to par, the map itself is loads of fun and had great potential but need some serious attention.

As are without a snow map then we are looking for a experienced mapper to finish this map.

So if anyone is interested in this project please let us know.

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 21:52   #2
derg

how about a contest?
id love to spend some time optimizing/changing it, but tbh i lacl the motivation tp go for it
so of other mappers are interested, let me know, idlove to start something

edit: are there editor files we can get our hands kn?

GT-I9515
derg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 14:27   #3
zero_Cold13
Default Re: Arctic Lion - mapper needed

Hello. I also think that the AL has potential. I would be interested to take on it. Especially because I had some ideas about improving it. If the question is still relevant, i is ready to discuss. Skype Zero_Cold_13.
zero_Cold13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 00:38   #4
Danger_6

I honestly think this map should be scrapped entirely. It's so open that it's never going to be that fun for infantry.

End our misery and leave it out please!

However, if you were to continue with this project, you would need to increase the number of flags in the sequence by at least two. That would significantly improve gameplay for infantry. Also, decrease the size of the cap radii severely.
Last edited by Danger_6; 2015-06-02 at 14:50..
Old 2015-06-02, 11:18   #5
xantis

But the fights in the town were quite enjoyable... That advert of Norway Product-placement
xantis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-27, 22:15   #6
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]derg View Post
how about a contest?
id love to spend some time optimizing/changing it, but tbh i lacl the motivation tp go for it
so of other mappers are interested, let me know, idlove to start something

edit: are there editor files we can get our hands kn?

GT-I9515
I support this message.
A simple contest for rank, title, scott tobin's secret stash of music, $, merchandise, mapper's touch and easteregg on the map, etc.. would help this out immensely.
(i dare necro this thread to summon the mappers...)
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 21:31   #7
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_6 View Post
I honestly think this map should be scrapped entirely. It's so open that it's never going to be that fun for infantry.
It was a fine map until CAS spawned. It felt like an old PR map rather than all the crappy new ones that are literal bush warfare.

Although the bushes on this map were annoying because IIRC they were trees that were placed far enough below the map surface so only the bare branches was showing.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-05, 07:19   #8
QuickLoad

it was fun because it was unique, as bad as the map clipping(with aircraft and runway) was. or how open the mountains were against APC's and CAS.

but come on.. bijar canyon is almost just as bad bugs aside, so is some things like some parts of kokan or lashkar where you get stuck permenantly on a badly placed hole.

there was snow! night time! beautiful lights! beautiful villages! beautiful mountains! beautiful coastlines! beautiful factions! beautiful fucking map.
personally, i don't see why I wouldn't want it to be back - but then again I don't have the full list of problems..
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-05, 07:28   #9
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

wish we had someone to take another look, if you take away the jets , add some more trees and another town its a very nice map to play.

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-05, 22:08   #10
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Glimmerman View Post
wish we had someone to take another look, if you take away the jets , add some more trees and another town its a very nice map to play.
What if I remove the jets and add a sign that says "town"?
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
arctic, lion, mapper, needed, poxo is ghey