project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2015-11-01, 23:03   #1
X-Alt
Default Broken Turret Stab\Accel

After experiencing these changes in the first day of 1.3.5, a large part of the community has come to the conclusion that the new turret traverse system puts a large number of heavy vehicles in an extremely gimped state. It takes a significantly longer time to acquire a target, and for all intents and purposes, does not accurately simulate the skill of a real-life armor crew.
Last edited by X-Alt; 2015-11-01 at 23:24..
Old 2015-11-01, 23:08   #2
piratepengu
PR:BF2 QA Tester
Default Re: Broken Turret Stab\Accel

Armored vehicles are now useless. Please fix this.
Old 2015-11-01, 23:14   #3
Menuen

I don't know why DEV's changed this. Before everything was fine. Now you cant kill INF guy becouse he is running faster than you are turning your turret around... You cant kill bomb cars, fast moving cars etc...
Old 2015-11-01, 23:20   #4
Murphy

This may have to do with everyone being butthurt about the effectiveness of an experienced crew in Armor. I would chalk this up to the players being content not coming to the forums to counter-complain.
Old 2015-11-01, 23:26   #5
fecht_niko
Banned

You "fixed" something from one extreme side to the other...
Old 2015-11-01, 23:30   #6
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
This may have to do with everyone being butthurt about the effectiveness of an experienced crew in Armor. I would chalk this up to the players being content not coming to the forums to counter-complain.
Have you hopped in a gunner seat yet? It's really bad.
Old 2015-11-01, 23:38   #7
Menuen

I saw guy on the left side of my screen with LAT, he just aimed for 3 second than he killed me. I couldn't aim, because my turret couldn't stop...
Old 2015-11-01, 23:38   #8
Fir3w411

The new acceleration breaks any ability to focus on a target for more than a split second before it kills you. "Look 345, tank" my driver said earlier, I look 345 only for the gun to continue rotating. We died after that.

I can't figure out why artificially making gunning more difficult by adding acceleration and "slip n' slide" to the turret of a vehicle will improve anything in terms of gameplay, besides making it x20 easier to kill.
Old 2015-11-01, 23:56   #9
piratepengu
PR:BF2 QA Tester

This better get hotpatched, as right now vehicles are completely useless. If this is not hotpatched in a few weeks I do not see purpose in playing PR anymore after 4 years. I think it is obvious that when making this patch you consulted only infantry players who think that PR should just be a copy of insurgency (the game). Before doing armor, I was a squad leader every round for 2 years straight, and I will tell you that making a gamebreaking change like this that greatly harms the half of the community that is not represented in the dev team is a bad move. Please hotfix this and then maybe get some asset players on your testing team.
Old 2015-11-01, 23:58   #10
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
It takes a significantly longer time to acquire a target, and for all intents and purposes, does not accurately simulate the skill of a real-life armor crew.
Real traverse speeds do not accurately simulate the skill of a real life crew? Do more experienced crews someone make their turrets go faster than they actually can?
Closed Thread

Tags
apc, bad, broken, rotating, stabaccel, turret