project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2015-11-15, 14:08   #1
starwolf1991

Post Fallujah West; SaluteTo Bravo Squad

It had been one hell of a day for the men of Squad Bravo, out in the scorching sands and ruins of Fallujah West. So many had died for that third cache that slipped our watch during our patrols; That one cache which was right under our noses. Before we realized what we were standing upon, the enemy was everywhere. Everything dissolved into utter chaos following the revelation as all active marine forces attempted to storm the compound. Communications were sparse, most of our vehicles had been lost from soldiers going AWOL and our casualties were immeasurable. No matter what we tried, that compound would not exchange hands. At the end of the day, there was no other option but concede and accept defeat. The enemy had won.....this time.....

But our sacrifices had not been in vain, for earlier that day, we managed to deprive the Insurgents of some of their stockpiles. Squad Bravo, while shaky at first, were at the vanguard accomplishing what others could not. Through thick and thin, we stuck together and worked as a team. Through trial and error, we narrowed down and eventually found their cache. When the time came, it could not have unfolded together; enemy patrols, taken out in the blink of an eye by our crack shot from up high. He opened the path while providing overwatch long enough for our squad to rapidly secure the vicinity and clear the zone for our breacher to finish the job. We were in and out before they knew what hit them, claiming the first catch of the day. One down, five to go.

And here I was, thinking three was a lucky number. That time, it was anything but lucky....

This is written to pay respect to those who comprised my Bravo Squad on Fallujah West in =HOG= Mixed Maps. It was a rough ride, we had to go through much trial and error the whole way and for the most part were effectively alone in our endeavors. But in the end, I couldn't have been more proud of the squad for their comradeship and what we were able to achieve together. So, to my brothers in arms of Bravo squad, this is my salute. It was an honor serving with you as your Squad Leader and I hope to meet you again on the battlefield soon.

I just hope that when we do, we are not on opposite ends.
Last edited by starwolf1991; 2015-11-15 at 15:02..

Tags
bravo, fallujah, saluteto, squad, west