project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2015-11-17, 12:20   #1
ApolloCz
Default Win 10 Shadowplay not working in PR

Hello everyone,

during the summer I wanted to record some of my PR adventures. Back in August, I had Win 8.1 and everything worked just fine. Unfortunately for some unknown reason I wanted to try out Win 10, so I did install it and it was the biggest mistake I could have made.

When I try to run PR with Shadowplay on, the Shadowplay just doesn't work (I am able to turn on the Shadowplay, I know that there are people having issues with that due to Xbox). Whenever I press the button for recording, my PC freezes and I receive a black screen. After few seconds I can hear the in-game sounds but I still have the black screen and I am unable to do anything. When I press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and I try to get to Task Manager, I get back to the black screen. Only thing that works is to restart the PC.

For some reason I can't see the Shadowplay's FPS counter neither in launcher nor in the game itself (I could when I had Win 8.1, back then everything worked just fine). I tried recording ARMA 3 and no problem occurred.

I know that at the same time I installed Win 10, a patch for PR came out. So I am not sure if the problem is caused by the patch or Win 10.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? I've tried to search the net but I couldn't find any solution for such problem, I actually haven't even found a person with the same issue.

My PC specs:

Lenovo Y50-70
i7-4720HQ @ 2.60GHz
GTX 960M
8 GB RAM
Win 10 Home
ApolloCz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 08:03   #2
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Default Re: Win 10 Shadowplay not working in PR

Try enabling desktop capture in Shadowplay to see if that eliminates the black screen.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 15:18   #3
ApolloCz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
Try enabling desktop capture in Shadowplay to see if that eliminates the black screen.

I cannot click that option when I have Shadowplay turned off, when I turn it on the option disappears. :/

Old 2015-11-18, 16:47   #4
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Are you running the latest version of GeForce Experience?

I'm running GE Version 2.5.15.54 with 355.60 drivers and I don't have that problem. :/

Old 2015-11-18, 16:49   #5
ApolloCz

Yup, GE 2.5.15.54 and 358.91 of drivers. :/
Old 2015-11-18, 22:42   #6
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Odd indeed. Have you tried a fresh clean install of GE?

(I'm out of ideas for now.)

Old 2015-11-18, 22:48   #7
ApolloCz

I have, I will try reinstalling it once again once I have time, hopefully tomorrow.

Only last possible solution that comes to my mind, is trying to install Win 8.1 again. Which I don't really want to do honestly but I might have to if I want to record. :/
Old 2015-11-19, 04:47   #8
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

You shouldn't have to though. That's the weird thing. I've recorded just fine on Win 10 Pro with Shadowplay.

Old 2015-11-19, 16:52   #9
ApolloCz

Tried installing the new version of GE and the drivers which were released today... Now I can't even get to the black screen (I tried pressing all the key binds and nothing happened). I still cannot select the desktop capture because of it vanishing when I enable Shadowplay. :/
Old 2015-11-19, 19:29   #10
DC_K
Supporting Member

do you have any programs like MSI afterburner or EVGA precision running? when i played with my core clocks and voltage it didn't let me use shadowplay.. make sure any gfx software you have is disabled for the time being to confirm this suspicion. if its not too much to as and as a last resort, you could wipe your drivers and gforce software and install them after and see if that fixes it... again, last resort. i recommend guru driver uninstaller

prWARs dc-k
DC_K is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
not working, shadowplay, win, windows 10, working