project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-01-19, 07:52   #1
{GD}StevenGarcia

Default Accuracy while "prone strafing".

So, I've been seeing a lot of this on the servers. I spot an enemy, he takes cover, he prone strafes out from behind cover while firing an assault rifle on full auto. I tried it myself, and was amazed at how accurately one can fire a full auto weapon while prone strafing. I know there are probably other priorities right now, such as taking care of all the prone spamming, but I thought this should receive some attention as it is horribly unrealistic.
{GD}StevenGarcia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 07:55   #2
Kitoro

Until we can hope for a change, adapt. Dodging bullets is one thing, luck is another.
Kitoro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 08:17   #3
Lolo

The thing is though, if you were prone behind cover you would be able to scope in and lean out so just the side of your head and shoulder was viewable. Because you cannot do this in BF2 being able to slide out prone while maintaining accuracy is fine IMO.

Anyway, if you know the enemy is there shouldn't you be putting down suppressing fire so if he does move out the side you will hit him? that's what I do......
Lolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 08:25   #4
{GD}StevenGarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo
The thing is though, if you were prone behind cover you would be able to scope in and lean out so just the side of your head and shoulder was viewable. Because you cannot do this in BF2 being able to slide out prone while maintaining accuracy is fine IMO.
You make a good argument. I still think you should not have pinpoint accuracy while sliding out on your belly.
Quote:
Anyway, if you know the enemy is there shouldn't you be putting down suppressing fire so if he does move out the side you will hit him? that's what I do......
That's beside the point.
Old 2007-01-19, 08:29   #5
Lolo

I don't think it's beside the point really, but i do conceed that any movement should have a negative affect on accuracy, funnily enough the game devs got it pretty right in BF2142 with the support rifles, in that the cone of fire became very large if you moved even a little bit. Even when prone.....
Lolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 08:34   #6
{GD}StevenGarcia

Quote:
any movement should have a negative affect on accuracy
Exactly. If anyone doubts this, try firing a rifle accurately while crawling.
Old 2007-01-19, 08:41   #7
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

NOTE: there can only be 1 set of movement of the iron site cuased by recoil. Whether you are standing up firing a SAW or lying on the ground, the movement of the ironsite wil be the same.
This cannot be changed due to Engine limitations.

This, i my view, is a biggy but there also is alot of confusion of what is possible, what is not and even more on what presently happens with recoil generaly. I think the area is made up of alot of factors, what you see, what actualy goes on, why ext. ext.
Top_Cat_AxJnAt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 09:15   #8
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Its pretty much a "lean" trick. Prone movement is so slow its not exactly a run-and-gun issue. Games I've played with more "prone penalties" slow to a crawl or are dominated by running hipshotters.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 09:45   #9
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

1stly) he was probly holding a Imperial blaster he got off a storm trooper...er, i mean M4, which means hes gonna hit you anyway.

2) Maybe prone strafing should be made impossible. Surely you would be using your arms to crawl? or Just make it REALLY unaccurate as you would be using one arm at the least.

I find people that excessivly use the M203/G-30/ in CQ fighting are irritating. They tend to pop around a corner, fire it at you at about 5ft, then jump back round. Thats not the problem. The bad part is you know that they didnt mean to come across you and have the nade launcher equiped ALL the time. Nade launchers are seen as your main weapon....with and overslung rifle. Its like the rifle is the attachment it'self!
...Ah well, its probly just people trying to combat the M4 again.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 15:43   #10
Tralle

why not just disable shooting wihle moving in prone position impossible ???

i would find it quiet hard to shoot using my arms to get forward...

that would be the most realistic option IMO
Tralle is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, prone strafing