project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2016-01-08, 22:08   #1
Fir3w411
Default Civilians and emplacements

Today I played insurgency on Fallujah doing APC. The insurgent team was full of civilians. Every time I'd call out something for my gunner it'd be a civilian almost surely.

One thing I noticed today is that civilians get two things: shovels and the ability to build emplacements. Why?

Seriously, the civilians can build an SPG and dig it, and you can't shoot them whilst they do so. So you look over for two seconds to help friendlies on the cache right beside you and the SPG is manned by that same civilian.

As for placing emplacements, it is absolutely ridiculous. Two civilians were trying to pull a Bluedrake on us by taking out their phones and tried placing a roadblock on us but failed thankfully.

I think it'd make sense to remove shove and emplacement building from civlians because it is really exploitable.
Last edited by Fir3w411; 2016-01-12 at 20:04..
Old 2016-01-09, 00:10   #2
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Civilians and emplacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir3w411 View Post
the civilians can build an SPG and dig it, and you can't shoot them whilst they do so.
Indeed this seems a problem.

Quote:
Two civilians were trying to pull a Bluedrake on us by taking out their phones and tried placing a roadblock on us but failed thankfully
Most servers agree that this is a lame exploit, a simple report should be enough to make those griefers to be kicked/banned.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 15:29   #3
Acecombatzer0

Quote:
Seriously, the civilians can build an SPG and dig it, and you can't shoot them whilst they do so.
What are you talking about? It just shoots confetti

...but seriously though agree with OP
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 18:22   #4
Cavazos

I think it would be better if admins kicked those players rather than taking their building capabilities. Being able to build easily is an insurgent strength. Personally I haven't encountered these problems or noticed team mates doing them.
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 20:11   #5
Fir3w411

How does it make any sense that a "civilian" would build an SPG that's meant to kill my vehicle and infantry right in my face and I can't shoot them?
Fir3w411 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 11:55   #6
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TP]Cavazos View Post
I think it would be better if admins kicked those players rather than taking their building capabilities. Being able to build easily is an insurgent strength. Personally I haven't encountered these problems or noticed team mates doing them.
Yes, server admins will surely take care of this problem! You cannot possibly believe they would have the time or motivation to enforce such things.

Easier would be to make the shovel an illegal weapon just like epipen/resusciate. This way ROE would just allow you to shoot them if they're building or trying to while maintaining the no kit/civilian shovel.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 08:59   #7
DesertFox284

Why not just take it this way: Wait for him to get on the spg (it has 15 second fire delay anyways) and then kill him. If he is waiting for you to turn your back you get out and arrest the civilian.

Or you could just shoot the civilian shoveling the spg and be done with it. Yeah, it's not realistic but the penalty for shooting a civi seems low anyways. Most of the ins rounds I play nowadays I run around as a civi getting martyred like there's no tomorrow because people don't care about penalties.
DesertFox284 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 10:58   #8
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox284 View Post
Why not just take it this way: Wait for him to get on the spg (it has 15 second fire delay anyways) and then kill him. If he is waiting for you to turn your back you get out and arrest the civilian.

Or you could just shoot the civilian shoveling the spg and be done with it. Yeah, it's not realistic but the penalty for shooting a civi seems low anyways. Most of the ins rounds I play nowadays I run around as a civi getting martyred like there's no tomorrow because people don't care about penalties.
5min penalty is just perfect for making a cup of tea while waiting.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 14:19   #9
KillJoy[Fr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]UTurista View Post
Indeed this seems a problem.
This is not a problem since they are collaborators with the task to help the insurgency.
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 16:25   #10
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member

Quote:
a) that would require you not to engage a danger as soon as you see it. They are shoveling a weapon that can be a threat to the asset I man. So I want it gone now. And not continue watching around and coming to it back later.

and b) with 2 civis the system can be abused to shit. One can shovel, the other can man the spg. Now you risk killing the civi shoveling the SPG while you shoot the guy in the SPG. No really ideal.

Quote:
And I am fairly sure that killing civi can still have a big impact on the game. Caches appear way later, the rounds can last longer and respawns take for ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillJoy[Fr] View Post
This is not a problem since they are collaborators with the task to help the insurgency.
Then I would be allowed to shoot the guys. Because if you help insurgents, you are within the RoE and can kill them without punishment IRL. Therefor it is an problem, because it is reflected wrong in the game.

The best solution has been posted by viirusiiseli. Dont remove the shovel, just make it an 'illegal' weapon.

WeeD-KilleR is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
civilians, emplacements