project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2016-01-17, 19:18   #1
Ragarnoy
Default Organising D-Day Event

Hey,

A few months ago (well, almost a year now), me and many french arma 3 clans tried to organize a D-Day event to celebrate the end of WWII on Arma 3 with the Iron Front mod, however since the whole deal was too complicated to setup for each user, and too buggy, we gave up.

However I recently discovered this mod, and many french clans are motivated (however we might need some brits to get to the 100 player mark) to participate in a month to a private event that we would host on this game, on Omaha Beach with as much players we can find.

Since I'm organizing it, I have many questions since I'm pretty much new to this game :
  • Can we host servers yet ? I've seen only two so far.
  • If it is the case, how much can we modify the settings ? Can we make the game "more realist" (if that means anything) ?
  • Is 100 players really the maximum the game can handle ? Are the servers stable at 100?
  • I've seen a video of this game with planes (BF-109s and P-36s I think ?) but I haven't seen any map that had them ingame, would it be possible to spawn them in mid air ?
  • Is it possible to make dead people unable to speak ?

We'd appreciate if we could speak with one of the devs, we would obviously be able to bring some help to the project with donations, or even bringing programmers or modellers (if we have any, I haven't checked).

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask them here or add me on Steam.

Thanks.
Last edited by Ragarnoy; 2016-01-17 at 23:07..
Old 2016-01-17, 21:03   #2
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Organising D-Day Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragarnoy View Post
Hey,

A few months ago (well, almost a year now), me and many french arma 3 clans tried to organize a D-Day event to celebrate the end of WWII on Arma 3 with the Iron Front mod, however since the whole deal was too complicated to setup for each user, and too buggy, we gave up.

However I recently discovered this mod, and many french clans are motivated (however we might need some brits to get to the 100 player mark) to participate in a month to a private event that we would host on this game, on Omaha Beach with as much players we can find.

Since I'm organizing it, I have many questions since I'm pretty much new to this game :
  • Can we host servers yet ? I've seen only two so far.
  • If it is the case, how much can we modify the settings ? Can we make the game "more realist" (if that means anything) ?
  • Is 100 players really the maximum the game can handle ? Are the servers stable at 100?
  • I've seen a video of this game with planes (BF-109s and P-36s I think ?) but I haven't seen any map that had them ingame, would it be possible to spawn them in mid air ?
1- Yes you can. Just PM Afterdune or I about it.

2- There are no different features so that the gameplay is standardized across all servers.

3- Yes for both questions.

4- WW2 planes event was not in any way related to PR:WW2. Those WW2 planes can be used for any BF2 mod and we intend to use them in future maps but they're not included in the Beta content. So the answer is that you won't be able to spawn them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragarnoy View Post
We'd appreciate if we could speak with one of the devs, we would obviously be able to bring some help to the project with donations, or even bringing programmers or modellers (if we have any, I haven't checked).

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask them here or add me on Steam.

Thanks.
I just added you. Thank you for the intended support.

Old 2016-01-20, 14:53   #3
Ragarnoy
Default Re: Organising D-Day Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder View Post
1- Yes you can. Just PM Afterdune or I about it.

2- There are no different features so that the gameplay is standardized across all servers.

3- Yes for both questions.

4- WW2 planes event was not in any way related to PR:WW2. Those WW2 planes can be used for any BF2 mod and we intend to use them in future maps but they're not included in the Beta content. So the answer is that you won't be able to spawn them.

I just added you. Thank you for the intended support.
I never see you online, also there's one question I added you didn't answer (actually I have a lot more but I'd rather ask on Steam.

Some people added me to ask me if they could participate : Feel free to send a message, however I can't confirm anything as of now.

Tags
dday, event, omaha, organising