project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2016-02-11, 12:06   #1
wak.my
Default NEED ADVICE FOR UPCOMING BUILD

Hi everyone. Firstly pardon me for my bad english.

Im new to PR and after 3 months playing, what i can say is its addictive. So im thinking to upgrading my 6 years laptop. This is what im planning to buy in my tight budget

AMD Athlon X4 860K
msi A88X E35 mobo
Sapphire R7 260X
Kingston 8gb 1600mhz ram
A good 500w psu

so what you think guys can it run PR smoothly?. Every comment is appreciated
wak.my is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 21:11   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: NEED ADVICE FOR UPCOMING BUILD

I would have thought it'd run PR fine, the only issue you should be aware of is PRs spiritual successor Squad which you may want to look at. How much is this system?

This game at the moment hates AMD chips...

I saved alot of cash by starting with a second hand I5 2500k and mobo that are doing well after nearly a year.

I wouldn't use this route for an economic gaming PC. However if you want to stick with your plan think about a cheap Intel system and get the best GPU with as much vram as possible.

This at GBP523 would be OK with Squad on HD at medium/high settings (H110/i5 6400/8GB/960OC 4GB/250GD SSD)

Last edited by PLODDITHANLEY; 2016-02-11 at 21:29..
Old 2016-02-12, 01:00   #3
wak.my

Thanks for your suggestion. In that case, im going to my plan B (INTEL G3258 + GTX 750TI) which the sameprice around 300 us dollar. And that is my only budget. Squad is also on my radar and after i build my new rig im definitely gonna look into it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Old 2016-02-12, 01:42   #4
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wak.my View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. In that case, im going to my plan B (INTEL G3258 + GTX 750TI) which the sameprice around 300 us dollar. And that is my only budget. Squad is also on my radar and after i build my new rig im definitely gonna look into it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
I'd prefer that plus if you do find a quad core somewhere later it's the same socket. I'm really not sure how squad would be on a G3258 I'd ask at the squad forums. That CPU has a huge OC potential so think about a cooler and that any case has space for it.

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 05:45   #5
wak.my

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I'd prefer that plus if you do find a quad core somewhere later it's the same socket. I'm really not sure how squad would be on a G3258 I'd ask at the squad forums. That CPU has a huge OC potential so think about a cooler and that any case has space for it.
Yes you were right sir, after doing a little research at Squad forum that AMD has a problem with squad (and PR too). So i try to get a used i5 or buy a new skylake i3.

Tags
advice, build, upcoming