project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2016-02-17, 19:52   #1
Enlil

Default Setting Up the BF2 Editor for PR Mapping/Modding Tutorial needs updating

so I was following the tutorial to set up the BF2Editor https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189...g-modding.html found in this mapping tutorial https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...inners-up.html , however I get an error about needing directx 9c or higher when I go to run BF2Editor.exe. Also in that guide it says to "copy the "bf2editor" folder out of "\project reality\mods\pr\readme\" and paste it into your Battlefield 2 folder," when there is no such folder. Also, Step 7's LayerInit.con file doesn't exist either. I followed the guide to the T so not sure whats wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Id love to start making a map.
Enlil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 20:13   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Run in XP compatibility mode as it says

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 22:13   #3
Enlil

Default Re: Setting Up the BF2 Editor for PR Mapping/Modding Tutorial needs updating

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
oh that... Thought that was optional

Ran in Comp. Mode, and theres A LOT of red Ignored Warning messages loading in the output window. is that normal?
Old 2016-02-17, 22:15   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Setting Up the BF2 Editor for PR Mapping/Modding Tutorial needs updating

totally normal

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 00:06   #5
Enlil

in Step 7, it says to copy that block into LayerInit.con however I only see init.con. I tried creating a new file LayerInit.con and copied that into it but still don't see the layer property on the right toolbar the Editor toolbar.
Old 2016-02-18, 20:22   #6
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlil View Post
in Step 7, it says to copy that block into LayerInit.con however I only see init.con. I tried creating a new file LayerInit.con and copied that into it but still don't see the layer property on the right toolbar the Editor toolbar.

When you create a new layer you should see the layers that you can tick/untick (AAS,insurgency etc) right click on the layer list and select create new layer
(or you can create a new layer in the "Layers" tab in the top next to File, Edit, View etc), if you see AAS, insurgency etc in the layers property window that pops up, it's working.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 22:34   #7
Enlil

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Ason View Post
When you create a new layer you should see the layers that you can tick/untick (AAS,insurgency etc) right click on the layer list and select create new layer
(or you can create a new layer in the "Layers" tab in the top next to File, Edit, View etc), if you see AAS, insurgency etc in the layers property window that pops up, it's working.
yeah I just realized my UnRAR windows store app wasn't un-raring crap. Tried downloading two other archive apps from there.. one failed and the other failed but said the archive was invalid.. finally installed WinRAR (this is a new win10 install so I didn't have anything installed) and that extracted the files from the archive in the tutorial for setting up the editor. So now I have the file. I forgot to update this thread to say I figured it out. thanks.
Old 2021-03-09, 17:02   #8
Talon-OneOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
How do you do this? I am getting the Directx 9 error I did not see where it states run in Xp compatibility
Talon-OneOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 01:05   #9
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Google

Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, editor, mapping or modding, setting, tutorial, updating