project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2016-06-28, 17:44   #1
MaxTheSilva96
Default Humvess boucing in foxholes

A few days ago I was playing Fallujah, gunning the 50. cal on the up-armored humvee, when somebody put the vehicle inside a foxhole for extra protection, like I've seem being done before, but the humvee started to bounce and shake around and was very hard to shot straight.

And was also impossible to get it out without the Squadleader destroying the foxhole.

Is that an issue with the foxholes or just the way the humvee was jammed inside it?
I remember it happening once a long time ago. By the way, if I remember correctly it doesnt happen with other vehicles, like the british land rover, just the humvees.
MaxTheSilva96 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 03:18   #2
Gerfand
Default Re: Humvess boucing in foxholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheSilva96 View Post
A few days ago I was playing Fallujah, gunning the 50. cal on the up-armored humvee, when somebody put the vehicle inside a foxhole for extra protection, like I've seem being done before, but the humvee started to bounce and shake around and was very hard to shot straight.

And was also impossible to get it out without the Squadleader destroying the foxhole.

Is that an issue with the foxholes or just the way the humvee was jammed inside it?
I remember it happening once a long time ago. By the way, if I remember correctly it doesnt happen with other vehicles, like the british land rover, just the humvees.
Well if this happens only some times w/ the Humvee, then you just need to not try too hard to get it inside the Foxhole... but if this happens every time, just don't put it inside, as this bug can cause the destruction of the vehicle(bf2 FTW!)

you could not get out because you had no space to get out, you can see this when you try to get out on a Logi, that the door is next to a tree, and you exit on the other side, for example

P.S. try to use the map cover for the Humvee, and always keep a driver o it, as inside the Foxhole, you just lost mobility for a less durable 360* .50, while you can be creative, and even put that on a flanking position supporting the defending forces
Gerfand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 15:04   #3
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Foxholes are meant for humans not Humvees!

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 16:30   #4
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
But there could be vehicle foxholes Would only need to widen the entrance a little bit and maybe make it a tiny bit longer.

It was atleast a common tactic in the gulf war to dig T-72s in the ground.

viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 16:43   #5
Gerfand

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
As Shovels and Axes were meant for digging and cutting, but in WW1 and in ancient warfare those were used as Weapons...

You need to adapt some times, and if the adaptation does not work you discard that... but if its work, then you should use that...

Yet the speed of the Humvee, for me at least, is not surpassed by partial cover

Edit- oh, you were talking about the game, my bad
Last edited by Gerfand; 2016-06-29 at 17:05..
Old 2016-06-29, 16:48   #6
MaxTheSilva96

Well, to be honest, wasnt my idea to put the humvee inside the foxhole, I was just gunning it.

But I saw it being done enough times to think the foxholes were intended for vehicles too and that the bouncing was a bug.
MaxTheSilva96 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 17:30   #7
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
But there could be vehicle foxholes Would only need to widen the entrance a little bit and maybe make it a tiny bit longer.
What a unique and original suggestion in the appropriate forum you have there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheSilva96 View Post
Well, to be honest, wasnt my idea to put the humvee inside the foxhole, I was just gunning it.

But I saw it being done enough times to think the foxholes were intended for vehicles too and that the bouncing was a bug.
I think normal humvees fit fine into foxholes, but uparmored are bit too big. That is what i meant, they are meant for soldiers and not all vehicles will fit into it.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
boucing, foxholes, humvess