project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2016-07-15, 16:21   #1
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Copy and rename a map

Title. How do I do that? I obviously modified the .desc file, as well. What else do I have to change?

I dont want to unpack/edit the map and I dont want to use the editor. I simply want to change some kits.

Thanks in advance!

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 18:20   #2
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Copy and rename a map

Rename maps without editor - Battlefield SinglePlayer Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrou
How to rename a map (so you can have modified and unmodded versions available for example.)
One major reason you may want to do this is to play the Euro Force and/or Armored Fury boosters using an offline account which is otherwise not possible. There are some indications that the reverse restriction may also be true, i.e. you may not be able to play renamed booster maps with an online account.

Originally crossposted in a couple of other fora (but I haven't been updating them):

Rename the map folder
Rename the .desc files in the map folder and the Info folder inside the map folder.
Change the name in the Info\map_name.desc file (this is what shows in the maplist in-game).
Change the name inside these files:

client.zip\Lightmaps\Objects\LightmapAtlas.tai
client.zip\terraindata.raw (binary)

server.zip\CompiledRoads.con
server.zip\Heightdata.con
server.zip\Init.con
server.zip\Sky.con
server.zip\Terrain.con
server.zip\UndergrowthAtlas.tai
server.zip\Overgrowth\Overgrowth.con
server.zip\Overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas.tai

Note that because of the binary file you have to keep the name the same length until/unless someone decodes the file format. EDIT: not true, just use Find & Replace in the hex editor.

EDIT:
Additional files in server.zip for EuroForce maps (courtesy of Miska[HUN]):
1. AmbientObjects.con
2. objects\Effects\ambient\staticfx\e_sAmb_BurningOil Fire.tweak
3. objects\Effects\ambient\staticfx\e_sAmb_OilFire.tw eak

2nd EDIT:
As several people have noted, some of the 64-player expanded maps (e.g. Dalian Plant) have a Lightmaps folder in the server.zip. This must either be renamed also or possibly just removed.

3rd EDIT:
A hint on the search and replace string from a later post in the thread:
One thing I do is to search for levels\zatar_wetlands\ or levels/zatar_wetlands/ (depending on the file) instead of just the mapname. There may be other occurances of the mapname that you don't want to change besides the filepaths. Also, adding the trailing \ or / after the mapname helps to make sure you don't accidently apply the change to the same string twice and end up with zatar_wetlands_64_64.

Armored Fury:
If you are renaming the maps so that you can play the boosters with an offline account you will also need to rename Armored Fury's booster_client.zip and booster_server.zip and change the references to them in the clientArchives.con and serverArchives.con files. Alternatively you could take all the content from those zips and merge it into your other objects_client.zip and objects_server.zip files and remove the references to the original zips in the Archives.con files. [Thanks to _ript and Painful_Cheese for this info.]

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 19:16   #3
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Copy and rename a map

You can use LevelRenamer, much easier than editing everything manually.

lvlrenamer

Ason is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
copy, map, rename