project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Official PR Tournament News
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Official PR Tournament News Official Project Reality Tournament news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2016-10-01, 20:30   #1
[R-DEV]prbot
PR DevBot - Do not send PM's
Supporting Member

Arrow PR Tournament Campaign 12 - Officer Sign-Ups Open!

We are currently only opening signups for the Officers (SL) and Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO) of both teams. Grunt signups will be open later. Applicants can name the team they prefer to be assigned to (A or B) and also nominate 2 players to join their squad as Grunt or NCO. These two players must also nominate each other and the SL Applicant when they are applying, as it is stated in the rules.

Once teams are full and Grunt Sign-Ups closed, the teams (APN and EMC) will then be assigned to each SCO based on their preference and mutual agreement.

APN and EMC assignment will be decided later by the SCOs!
You Sign Up for a team, not a faction! Preferences are either "Team A" or "Team B".
Once you have joined a team, You cannot switch teams.

We will be testing a different sign up process for this campaign. If you discover any bugs or exploits, Please submit a ticket to the PRT Administration via this link.

People signing up as Officers with the sole intention of obtaining an early spot on a team, risk being kicked and their participation denied for the full duration of the campaign.

If you have any questions that you would like to ask before applying, you can post a Support Ticket, using the prefix [QUESTION]. The PRT staff will provide you with an answer as soon as possible.

Players can still mention the preference to be an Officer, during the Grunt Signups but those will be viewed as secondary/extra in relation to the ones that signed up during the Officer signups.

Click here to Sign-Up for an Officer Position

SL - Squad Leader

Quote:
Description:

A Squad leader ("SL") is the highest authority of a team's squad or platoon. He is the one who manages the Squad in terms of structure, training, player activity, motivation and discipline. It is the Squad Leader's responsibility to ensure that all his grunts follow the PRT Rules and Regulations.

The Squad Leader role requires a lot of dedication, the ability to effectively communicate and work with new players as well as veterans. In order to achieve a high-performing squad, he should be willing to teach new and old players the ways he wants his squad to work in the battlefield.

NCO - Non-Commissioned Officer

Quote:
Description:

A Non-Commissioned Officer ("NCO") is the second in command in a squad. He represents the Squad Leader in his absence and helps him with organizing and training the squad.

The NCO and the Squad Leader need to work together in order to make their squad perform on high levels. Monitoring member activity, organizing trainings and developing squad procedures and tactics are also part of this role.

Team A
Supreme Commanding Officer (SCO): Kidding

Commanding Officer (CO): ytman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidding

What year did you start playing PR?:

In what PR events/tournaments did you participate before?:
C10, C11, TART 1, several of the one-off War Of The Factions events, many [3dAC] Clan Battles, many |TG| in-house scrims and battles against clans.

What direction are you looking to take your team in during C12?:
What direction are you looking to take your team in during C12?
I've realized that some basic organization was neglected in some facets of my previous two PRT teams and with that in mind I've come up with a great deal of ideas and notes, often simple, that I intend to apply to my team to reduce confusion and get my team one step closer to running smoothly earlier in the tournament. I'd like to have a team orientation section of my team forums, where new recruits can get all the information they need to improve the grunt's reception and hopefully increase the amount of grunts that stick with the team instead of being too intimidated to show up and try. I've currently got 17 pages of notes of similar ideas and solutions to problems I've seen, all in the effort of running not just any PRT team, but a good PRT team.

What qualities are you looking for in your Officers and why those qualities?:
I'm looking for mature, competent SLs. In my experience, there is nothing that kills a team's spirit and morale more than drama and I'm looking to avoid that wherever I can. The SLs set the tone for all the grunts and I'm looking for those who will set a good example of dedication, experience, and maturity.

How strict do you intend to be in terms of activity in trainings?
All players should attend all trainings they're available for unless a reasonable excuse is provided.

Team B
Supreme Commanding Officer (SCO): Philrow

Commanding Officer (CO): Senshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philrow[I]
What year did you start playing PR?:

In what PR events/tournaments did you participate before?:
TART season 2 & 3, PRT C10 & C11. Several events, clan battles etc.

What direction are you looking to take your team in during C12?:
To victory (mostly just so that Kidding will get his silver medal again). I want to pass on the fun and balanced battles I've had in C10 and C11 onto a new batch of players for C12

What qualities are you looking for in your Officers and why those qualities?:
Experience in leading, cooperation, good banter.

How strict do you intend to be in terms of activity in trainings?:
Medium, I want to make sure the active players are rewarded by having priority

For C12 we will be working on improving user experience on Teamspeak. In the past we have had to issue Privilege keys to team members to insure that both teams have a secure and separate space for the campaign. [T-CON]Blip has been working on linking the Tournament forums and the Teamspeak server for an easy and automated system providing team members the correct access on Teamspeak. Because of this, We have moved Teamspeak servers.

A link to the new Teamspeak server is provided below. If you have any questions regarding the PRT, Please join us on Teamspeak so the PRT Staff can help answer your questions.
TeamSpeak Server IP: prt.blip2.net

PR Tournament Website
How-To Sign-Up
Tournament FAQ
Tournament Rules
Battle & Practice Schedule
Project Reality Discord

More...
Last edited by [R-CON]Spook; 2016-10-02 at 08:10..
Old 2016-10-01, 21:26   #2
Onil
PR Tournament Management
Default Re: PR Tournament Campaign 12 - Officer Sign-Ups Open!

You might not be able to submit your signup in Microsoft Edge, we're looking into it and will fix the issue soon. For the time being just use another browser please. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 2016-10-03, 23:21   #3
Onil
PR Tournament Management

The issue with Microsoft Edge should be solved now.

We've also had a bit more than 50 officer signups so far. We will close the signups soon.

Grunt Signups should happen in about two weeks.
Old 2016-10-07, 12:45   #4
Onil
PR Tournament Management

Officer signups are now closed. We expect Grunt signups to open on the 15th of October (unless if we run into any issue with the new system).

Get ready gents, signups usually get full pretty fast on the first wave of grunts.
Closed Thread