project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-05-12, 01:11   #1
nadrud
Default I remember a game when........

I remember a game when winning was the key objective.

I remember when admins put the game first before being some millennial sudo-gustoppo safe space control force. What happened? Must one become a full grown vagina to an "admin" these days? How about you just stick to fair play instead of regulating conversation and ethos.

"one might think he knows a man, give that man some power, then see what kind of man he is truly"

I can remember a game that didn't mimic high school musical volume (cap me in my face).

I can remember a game when I could say something offensive to someone in good spirit and not have to pucker my asshole in fear of getting banned or kicked by some twat that got cheated on by his broke ass girlfriend who cant even get past 3rd base with because of her hideous mouth of metal bear traps that will clamp down on little he was given with of his manhood.

In all honesty this isn't pointing to anyone in particular i just have a feeling this would have its best chance to hitting home with the majority of them.

oh and i cant remember much more because of my old ass but I do remember most admins in the past having some type of Napoleon complex

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

but never this bad. Its like everyone is a bluedrake or something... oh wait did i just say that?
nadrud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 01:54   #2
Ahrah_alSham
Default Re: I remember a game when........

Welcome to "PRTA"
Ahrah_alSham is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 03:01   #3
FlyingR

sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 03:37   #4
obpmgmua

It's because most men are sad lonely fucks who dont get no pussy and when some slag throws some his way, he goes full white knight and tries to bring her into his hobbies and so ends up sanitizing the space he inhabits to appease his mate.

Other men just dont give a shit and keep up the boisterous attitude even in the presence of women.

And a very small group of men love to shit on white knights and the whores they defend.
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 04:01   #5
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrud View Post
"one might think he knows a man, give that man some power, then see what kind of man he is truly"
you are the true philosopher we need, bring us to the light, us plebs will follow you.

Quote:
In all honesty this isn't pointing to anyone in particular i just have a feeling this would have its best chance to hitting home with the majority of them.
oh no, woops.

Quote:
but never this bad. Its like everyone is a bluedrake or something... oh wait did i just say that?

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 05:11   #6
QuickLoad

i wouldn't say its the game as much as the community that surrounds it.
more people we get, the more of 'this years memes' come along with it.

it isn't nessescarily a bad thing although it's def. not needed, but PR has been free of these 'memes' for awhile... spiderman aside.

so it's not a surprise, but at the end of the day all we can say is 'oh well..' and keep playing the game that we all love
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 09:21   #7
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
i wouldn't say its the game as much as the community that surrounds it.
This.

You see, OP, when I started playing in late 2009 the people who played this mod were really different then the ones playing now. What do I mean by different? First, the regular player base were mostly from UK/US and Canada, but the ones that weren't from there were from Western and Northern Europe.
Of course there were a lot of people from different places than those I've mentioned, but there weren't so many people from Eastern Europe and Near East. I myself hail from Eastern Europe therefore there's no bias, but IMHO I had my worse share of games whilst playing with Eastern Europeans and players from Near East. It seems that it was mostly because of their somewhat problematic understanding of English. Some may say that your english doesn't need to be that good anyways to play this game, but the better it is, the more possibilities it opens.

And second, the attitudes of players (as we know, PR is and always has been kinda serious business). Actually I should have mentioned this first as it's a more
important aspect then language. Because if you have a good attitude then you can easily fill the roles where you don't need to speak that muc h (every class except SL, medic, AR, HAT and possibly breacher).

I think that the attitude has changed mostly because there aren't any good regularly playing SL's left (that I know of). Back in 2010 I remember that there was almost ALWAYS a good SL playing, and people were seriously waiting in lines to get into his squad. I'm talking about SL's who had zero tolerance for bullshit, for people joking around, doing stupid stuff they could do in Garry's mod, but the most notable thing that made them differ is the fact that they went into battle with knowledge (map knowledge, game sense and the most important aspect - they talked to their squad, sometimes giving individual orders, and everyone complied - there was no need to constantly repeat themselves). Nowadays when I squadlead in PUBs playing with randoms (which I actually don't do anymore that much because really fucking terrible squad mates I get) I don't hear these eager voices ready for orders, ready to help me out and help themselves out. Whilst playing SL nowadays I get so apathetic that I sometimes just quit. Why? People have their limits. I for one can't repeat myself that many times if noone is there to listen. I can only tell my squad to stay together 5-10 times before I understand that they're not here to do that. They're here to play their own version of the game.

So the once great king, the squad leader, is dead. Let's welcome the new king - the mythical lone wolf. Actually I think that this is a general problem with gaming - games catering towards younger/more stupid players and their needs, not the collective needs of people gaming together whilst communicating. And therefore we get more and more players who don't come with open minds that are ready to siphon the knowledge of this game.

Hope I don't sound too racis', as they say. Not my intention. I'm just pointing out my observations.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 09:35   #8
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
sudo-gustoppo
It took me a while to get it, but holy shit I want it for a nickname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
it isn't nessescarily a bad thing although it's def. not needed, but PR has been free of these 'memes' for awhile... spiderman aside.

No but srsly, it is not sooo bad, occasionally I still get people with half a brain in my squad, which is nice.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 19:00   #9
Captain Fubar

Not to detail the thread but why exactly don't people like bluedrake in this community that much. I've played with him a few times and he was a pretty great squadlead
Captain Fubar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 00:33   #10
sunshine2241991

in some server i feel like i playing under some parents control .
dont do that
dont say that
stop with that
no to that .
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
game, remember