project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2017-08-26, 14:23   #1
Wicca
Supporting Member

Default Mumble Can hear entire team in local.

Hello

I currently have an issue where I can hear the entire team in local.

I have recently gotten a new JABRA Move Bluetooth headset. Which I think is the reason, but I don't understand why it is happening.

I can connect to channels just fine as when I join a squad, and my squad radio and squadmates sound correctly in local(IE they sound from where they are standing, or not at all if they are far away).

If anyone has any idea or would like to request information feel free to reply to the thread.

I am planning to test out my old headset again to see if it still works without the bluetooth. Just to make sure.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 15:57   #2
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Default Re: Mumble Can hear entire team in local.

Try to mess around with default communication device setting (not to be confused with default audio device).

It seems this problem is specific to wireless headsets, someone else has posted similar problem. Very strange!

How is it connected to the computer may I ask? Bluetooth>USB dongle?

Edit, I suggest you be normal and use the wired option on those and just settle with that. It helps that the cable is (probably replaceable) should it become damaged. I can't express enough my disdain towards any wireless devices, the inconvenience of charging them outweighs their portability aspects IMO, not to mention all the dubious digital conversion and processing inside those things... which is usually sub-par and alongside the wireless feature nothing more than marketing points to sell the crap. They do look comfortable however.

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
Last edited by WeeGeez; 2017-09-26 at 17:17..

Tags
entire, hear, local, mumble, team