project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2018-05-01, 11:36   #1
ModryBanan47
Default No choice in Display mode

hi, i installed PR and when i start the game it wil show me this-
error 1324: the selected display mode is not supported. Please update the display mode for your profile in the ''options'' menu and try again.
but in settings i have display mode in red color and there is nothing to choose from.
ModryBanan47 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 13:03   #2
_MB_
Default Re: No choice in Display mode

inb4 someone more knowledgable comes in: Have you tried setting custom resolution just below the table of preset resolutions?
_MB_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 13:10   #3
ModryBanan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MB_ View Post
inb4 someone more knowledgable comes in: Have you tried setting custom resolution just below the table of preset resolutions?
yes i tried
Old 2018-05-01, 13:21   #4
_MB_

What native resolution do you have then?

2 other thoughts then (just brainstorming though): If your current resolution is not supported, you could change it in the windows (Right Click on the desktop -> Display settings (Nastaveni zobrazeni in CZE)) and set it there to something more conventional (of course just when playing PR).

or

You can go to C/Users/"your username"/Dokuments/ProjectReality/profiles, look for all instances of video.con and change the line VideoSettings.setResolution to what you want and save it.
Example: for me the line is: VideoSettings.setResolution 1920x1080@60Hz.
Old 2018-05-01, 15:20   #5
ModryBanan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MB_ View Post
What native resolution do you have then?

2 other thoughts then (just brainstorming though): If your current resolution is not supported, you could change it in the windows (Right Click on the desktop -> Display settings (Nastaveni zobrazeni in CZE)) and set it there to something more conventional (of course just when playing PR).

or

You can go to C/Users/"your username"/Dokuments/ProjectReality/profiles, look for all instances of video.con and change the line VideoSettings.setResolution to what you want and save it.
Example: for me the line is: VideoSettings.setResolution 1920x1080@60Hz.
i tried both advices and neither solved it :/
Old 2018-05-01, 16:56   #6
_MB_

I will give it a last try before leaving this to devs: rename the folder ProjectReality I refered to before to ProjectRealityBackup or simply anything else than it was before and try launching the game. You might need to recover your profile if you had already created any, but nothing worse can happen.

If that does not work make sure you do the following: In launcher click suport, Copy to clipboard and paste the content here (just via Ctrl+V).

Also as many say, google is your good friend, so try googling this forum for error 1324.
Old 2018-05-01, 17:18   #7
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Did you try reset all profiles? I've had this a few times before and that was all that was needed to fix it.

camo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
choice, display, mode