project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2018-11-12, 22:52   #1
C@$PER
Banned
Default Boats

Boats self-destruct after 5 minutes.
Old 2018-11-13, 00:13   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Boats

Intended feature as we want them available for re-usage. They are always abandoned;

Old 2018-11-13, 00:42   #3
C@$PER
Banned

I strongly believe noobs are a bad excuse at this point. Are boats worth tickets? I have plenty of anecdotes supporting changing the current settings.
Old 2018-11-13, 05:25   #4
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@$PER View Post
I strongly believe noobs are a bad excuse at this point. Are boats worth tickets? I have plenty of anecdotes supporting changing the current settings.
Rhibs don't cost tickets.

Old 2018-11-19, 07:20   #5
C@$PER
Banned

Please change boat settings so they cost tickets and do not self-destruct. After infiltrating enemy territory and executing a near perfect raid of a forward operating base 300 meters inland of the Pavlovsk Bay docks, a US Navy SEAL Team's boat should not self-destruct as they are about to embark and extract just so a Noob can one-man it from the carrier and abandon it somewhere. Do you know how that feels?

Old 2018-11-19, 21:52   #6
Acecombatzer0

Leave someone on the gun and it won't self destruct then
Old 2018-11-19, 22:45   #7
C@$PER
Banned

We shouldn't have to. I don't have to leave a man behind in a jeep to make sure it doesn't self-destruct. If anything, we might have to guard a vehicle to prevent a noob from snatching it.
Old 2018-11-20, 17:01   #8
Veterans-Gaming

You seem to miss the point that if certain things were made more realistic as you suggest, it would result in the inability to actually play the game. It is a game, after all. Many of us have been playing this for more than a decade, and certainly the Devs have a good grasp of the necessities of gameplay over realism.

Pointing out floating shrubbery on maps is one thing, but suggesting that we should allow players to become stranded on the carrier on maps such as Pavlovsk is not helpful. And then posting up some SEALs video as if it proves a point is just sad. This game is FAR from a Navy SEALs game - the SOCOM US Navy SEALs game was also far from a Navy SEALs game, and I played those ones online for years. Games are games, and they need to be playable.

No offense intended, but if you want such a level of realism at the expense of playability, you'd want to check out the Arma series, and particularly, the ACE mod along with several others. More than a thousand hours logged myself and I can say that it's the real deal; hurry up and wait with your online platoon for 30 minutes while the brass discusses approach plans, marching for 45 minutes with no contact, engaging targets nearly beyond visuals at the max range of your battle rifles... But some people want faster, squad based combined arms combat gameplay - PR is that middle ground, and it's not gonna change anytime soon AFAIK.
Old 2018-11-20, 18:42   #9
C@$PER
Banned

The story was from an actual PR battle. The video depicted very well how we handled that situation. You should take a helicopter, respawn at a FOB or how about don't die and your noob problem will be solved. I stand firm and believe this should be changed because this game wouldn't be the same if only noobs played it. This really isn't too much to ask for. Boats should be treated like every other vehicle in the game. Add a boat or I can figure out something else to make the noobs happy but this game still has room for improvement.
Old 2018-11-20, 19:23   #10
Veterans-Gaming

Yea, that's not gonna happen.

And to be honest, I didn't watch the video, assumed it was some IRL military dramatization and not some actual PR battle of game footage... still not gonna watch it. It's irrelevant. Nothing is going to change in this respect because it's not just noobs that can get stranded or isolated, and swimming is not an option.

If you run your own server behind a password, you can make your own version of a hardcore PR, but asking that this change be forced on all servers is pretty arrogant, no offense. You should stick with your floating bush reports, because your game design advice doesn't jive with the spirit of PR gameplay.
Closed Thread

Tags
boats