project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
10 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2018-11-16, 15:10   #1
[R-DEV]​Hans_Strudel
PR:BF2 Developer

Default [Faction Concept] JSDF

Hello everyone. I have played PR for about 3 years, and interested with Japanese Self Defense Forces. So recently i decided to make a faction representing JSDF in PR, and as i know from previous attempts of the community to make it, there are people that as interested in it as i am. I have low skill in programming and moddeling,but also strong desire to learn and to see this faction in game.
If you want to help, here is the list of man we will need:
1.Modeller
2.Mapper
3.Texturer
4.Programmer.
If you want to join us, contact me via PM.

Design plan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MJo/edit#gid=0

Current tasks:

Models to be created from 0:
Infantry armament:

Type 64 7,62mm rifle

Type 89 assualt rifle (WIP by me)

Type 62 machine gun

Type-01 LMAT

Vehicles:

Type 73 Isuzu heavy truck (logistic/transport truck)

Type 89 IFV

Type 96 APC

Type 90 MBT

Komatsu LAV

Type 93 AAV

F-15J fighter aircraft

F-4EJ attack aircraft

Vehicles to be retextured:

CH-47

AH-64D

UH-60

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Hans_Strudel; 2020-02-19 at 22:57..
Old 2018-11-16, 20:38   #2
RUSSIAN147

Default Re: [Faction Concept] JSDF

May I ask why you have chosen the Type 90 over the Type 10?
RUSSIAN147 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-16, 21:22   #3
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

There's been work done on this before, if you can somehow get into contact with tmnoobage as he made some vehicles for this faction it might speed up your progress. Though it looks like he's well gone.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/member.php?u=25176
https://noobage.wordpress.com/vehicles/

Best of luck, i know there are lots of people who would love to see a Japanese faction, jp community especially.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-16, 22:07   #4
[R-DEV]​Hans_Strudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN147 View Post
May I ask why you have chosen the Type 90 over the Type 10?
Sure.
The main reason is the majority of MBTs in JGSDF is Type 90.
The second reason is that I plan to introduce the JSDF of 2004-2008 years (JSDF contingent in Iraq...you can only guess why this period) into the game, which is why the Type 10 cannot be present at that moment in the JGSDF.
Hans_Strudel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 10:17   #5
RUSSIAN147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Rudel View Post
Sure.
The main reason is the majority of MBTs in JGSDF is Type 90.
The second reason is that I plan to introduce the JSDF of 2004-2008 years (JSDF contingent in Iraq...you can only guess why this period) into the game, which is why the Type 10 cannot be present at that moment in the JGSDF.
Sounds good, the Type 90 is still a beast. I kinda hope to see another eastern faction getting added as it is a region with quite a bit of unique/indigenous technology and variety in weaponry
RUSSIAN147 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 13:25   #6
parch
Supporting Member

You can’t have JSDF without Godzilla

parch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 14:48   #7
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

You could also try and contact these guys and ask for assets, since they already made bf2 japanese faction with all the vehicles https://www.moddb.com/mods/cqb-close...s-battle-japan

For years, I had hoped japanese themselves would make a faction, since they have their own gaming community, their own website http://www.realitymod.jp/ and their own server "Canned catfood gaming", their own pr wiki etc., but nothing.

Anyway, I wish you good luck tovarish )))

Last edited by Hokunin; 2018-11-18 at 08:47..
Old 2018-11-18, 04:25   #8
InchPincherToo

Best of luck on this faction. Absolutely neat with the progress of the main rifle Type 89. Loved it!

Maybe might be the best idea if you could had a Type 87 SPAAG as complementary with Type 93 AAV there (the platform is a Japanese Humvee, Toyota Mega Cruiser/Kohkidohsha HMV), the same as MEC Shilka + Gopher

And also there's missing on ATGM emplacement, i believe it should be Type 79 Jyu-MAT or TOW as PH

Some of the honorable mentions:
- Howa Type 96 AGL (Mk. 19/GMG as PH?)

- Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle, maybe its too new for the faction to have this mobile TD? PR has AMX-10RC at French Forces though-

- Type 87 ARV, too outdated for a recon vehicle? Almost equivalent as a BRDM, VN3 does, but better armament, 25mm Oerlikon autocannon

- Kawasaki OH-1 scout helicopter (I can understand that these were not much seen, because the attack variations were rejected in favour of AH-64D Apache)
Last edited by InchPincherToo; 2018-11-18 at 04:37..
Old 2018-11-18, 09:18   #9
[R-DEV]​Hans_Strudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchPincherToo View Post
Best of luck on this faction. Absolutely neat with the progress of the main rifle Type 89. Loved it!

Maybe might be the best idea if you could had a Type 87 SPAAG as complementary with Type 93 AAV there (the platform is a Japanese Humvee, Toyota Mega Cruiser/Kohkidohsha HMV), the same as MEC Shilka + Gopher

And also there's missing on ATGM emplacement, i believe it should be Type 79 Jyu-MAT or TOW as PH

Some of the honorable mentions:
- Howa Type 96 AGL (Mk. 19/GMG as PH?)

- Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle, maybe its too new for the faction to have this mobile TD? PR has AMX-10RC at French Forces though-

- Type 87 ARV, too outdated for a recon vehicle? Almost equivalent as a BRDM, VN3 does, but better armament, 25mm Oerlikon autocannon

- Kawasaki OH-1 scout helicopter (I can understand that these were not much seen, because the attack variations were rejected in favour of AH-64D Apache)
Thank you!
Right now i am looking for building assets, such as ATGM, HMG and AA. (will update google- doc soon). About Type 87... if progress with faction will go better than i thought, we will add more assets, but right now list of vehicles with "high" priority is a minimum of what is needed.

About honorable mentions:

Type 96 was planned in both variants, AGL and HMG; (will update google-doc)

Type 16 is too young for planned time period;

Type 87 ARV will be added to list, but with low priority (may be outdated, but still in service);

I have doubts about Kawasaki OH-1 due to low knowledge about it's armament. Can it carry AT missiles or rocket containers? If so, OH-1 would be a great japanese version oh OH-58D Kiowa.
Old 2018-11-18, 09:21   #10
[R-DEV]​Hans_Strudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post
You could also try and contact these guys and ask for assets, since they already made bf2 japanese faction with all the vehicles https://www.moddb.com/mods/cqb-close...s-battle-japan

For years, I had hoped japanese themselves would make a faction, since they have their own gaming community, their own website http://www.realitymod.jp/ and their own server "Canned catfood gaming", their own pr wiki etc., but nothing.

Anyway, I wish you good luck tovarish )))
Spasibo, Tovarish, spasibo!

Unfortunately, CQB development team make it clear that their assets cannot be used in other mods, so we are on our own.

Tags
concept, faction, jsdf