project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2018-12-27, 02:02   #1
Hans_Gruber
Default Soviet Armed Forces?

Has anyone ever thought of making Soviet Armed Forces as a faction? I mean, literaly everything needed for that faction in terms of the equipment already exists in the P.R., even the Russian voices could be used, all that is neccesary (from what I can think) is to make different uniforms.

On the other hand, if Soviet Armed Forces would exist in the game, it would be possible to combine them against Vietnam era U.S. Army, Falkland era British, even the Talibans from the Afghanistan. It seems to me that creating of this faction would require least work to do, while it would give a lot to the game.

Looking forward to hear your opinions.
Hans_Gruber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 11:15   #2
GAJAN

Default Re: Soviet Armed Forces?

I must say that this is one very good idea but the thing is noone will do it. AK74s are already in game rpgs 26s and 7s are here t72 valera could be used, bmps and hinds. Yea. Prett much everything is in the game
GAJAN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 17:54   #3
InfantryGamer42

Nice idea, now start working on it if you want to see it.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 23:00   #4
Hans_Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Nice idea, now start working on it if you want to see it.
Thank You mr. sarcastic, I was aware of this whole "You make your own faction" thing. I certainly won't start working on it because I'm too ignorant on that field to make it myself, my intention was to simply share my thoughts with rest of the community.
If I see that faction any time in the future - fine, if I don't see it - fine again.
Hans_Gruber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 01:35   #5
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

[MENTION=100234]Hans_Gruber[/MENTION]
Where do you think most PR-devs come from?
What's their experience in gamedev before they started making stuff for PR?
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 14:38   #6
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

What would it add to the game that we already don't have? Aesthetics?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 15:00   #7
LimitJK

soviets in afghanistan would make for some special mood and viable AAS against taliban.

all there is missing are textures/kit geometries for soviets and someone to lower the number of automatics for taliban.

but as i dont have the technical knowledge to do so and not the energy to learn it at this point, im left with daydreaming about it.
LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 23:27   #8
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Also possible matchup against US Vietnam forces.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 12:18   #9
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Gruber View Post
Thank You mr. sarcastic, I was aware of this whole "You make your own faction" thing. I certainly won't start working on it because I'm too ignorant on that field to make it myself, my intention was to simply share my thoughts with rest of the community.
If I see that faction any time in the future - fine, if I don't see it - fine again.
If you think Im sarcastic, your problem. Im telling you that if you want to see this in game you need to start to work on it, by grouping up people who know how to do stuff that you need or have other skills. I dont think some guy will just pick up idea and start working. It is on you to start, even whit small thing and you will probably get help from community. First steps are always hardest, everything after that is easy finishing steps.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 05:06   #10
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

If the 'idea guys' who suggested a soviet faction actually invested time to making one it would've been in .8.

All of the resources required to learn and create exist here. Just takes some character to see it through.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armed, forces, soviet