project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2019-01-06, 15:24   #1
Kevokpo
Unhappy [v1.5.5.2] Immortal Militia Passenger in trans truck

Description:
I do not know if anything like this has happened before, it's the first time I see something like this, but I tried to kill an enemy (Militia faction) on a truck, he was on the passanger seat, I shoot him several times, from far away, very close as you can see on the video below and nothing happens, at first I thought that he was already dead an didnt play the animation but then he changes to the driver seat and drives away, probably its just an isolated case but it was very strange

Steps to Reproduce:
Probably just climb into a transport truck as militia faction, switch to passenger seat, and tell somebody to shoot you

Screenshots / Video:
https://youtu.be/xhxOjQaQM8I

Tested On:
Fools Road Advance and Secure Standard, HOG Server
Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 05:59   #2
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [v1.5.5.2] Immortal Militia Passenger in trans truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
Description:
I do not know if anything like this has happened before, it's the first time I see something like this, but I tried to kill an enemy (Militia faction) on a truck, he was on the passanger seat, I shoot him several times, from far away, very close as you can see on the video below and nothing happens, at first I thought that he was already dead an didnt play the animation but then he changes to the driver seat and drives away, probably its just an isolated case but it was very strange

Steps to Reproduce:
Probably just climb into a transport truck as militia faction, switch to passenger seat, and tell somebody to shoot you

Screenshots / Video:
https://youtu.be/xhxOjQaQM8I

Tested On:
Fools Road Advance and Secure Standard, HOG Server
Thanks for the bug report.

Yeah this bug happens in vBF2 although rarely regardless of being in offline or online in which you try to shoot the gunner/passenger and it's as if the bullet doesn't do anything to the player.

Not sure what causes it, either the window glass uses a non-bullet proof material, a vehicle collision mesh or engine network issue.

I have an idea of how to fix though, there's one line of code which may affect the collision. If that's tweaked, it could improve the hit detection but need to search through the list to remember it though.

Last edited by Arab; 2019-01-10 at 03:31..

Tags
immortal, militia, passenger, trans, truck